Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8599 (MISSES' VEST)

Reviewed by:kerrydd

About kerryddstar
NY USA
Member since: 3/14/07
Posted on:10/17/09 5:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests
Celina M said... (12/20/09 10:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the baggy armhole warning, I did some pinfitting & am pulling about an inch out of the side seam there.
lamstu said... (10/30/09 10:54 AM) Reply
I'm just starting this pattern so thanks for the heads-up on some of these fitting issues. I'll hold off on finishing until I've had a good look at the fit. Your vest is great, well worth all your effort!
Kemish said... (10/18/09 11:48 AM) Reply
Great review. I have this pattern and have been contemplating making it; I, too, have had the same sort of problem (sagging arm pits) with some of these patterns (mature woman?ugh!) You did a great job in modifing it. Yor vest looks great.
renren said... (10/18/09 7:53 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful vest and the fabric is so luscious looking. I think S. Betzina designs for "women of a certain age" and maybe MT does, too. Of course, you don't have to be of a certain age, but it does seem they leave extra room in their patterns. Anyway, your adjustments make this vest just absolutely a knock-out item. I think I must buy this pattern the next time V is on sale at J's.
hmacski said... (10/17/09 8:23 PM) Reply
This looks really, really classy. I'm sorry you had to do so much adjusting after making a muslin - that must have been frustrating, but all in all looks like a must have for fall/winter. Thanks for posting!

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern