Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5252 (MISSES/MEN'S UNLINED VEST AND)

Reviewed by:NC Carol

About NC Carolstar
WA United States
Member since: 6/8/06
Posted on:10/18/09 3:10 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Vests

NC Carol said... (10/20/09 9:40 AM) Reply
You guys are so kind! I am wearing it around and it's just right for an outer layer these days. I love the color, I do. I just keep fantasizing about buying that Kwik Sew pattern that Immelu told me about and trying again! I should really sew up more from my stash, though, and not buy any more fleece...
grey ann said... (10/19/09 6:02 PM) Reply
I think it fits like most fleece jackets do. It may be meant for the wearer to have on heavier tops under it. It looks like it fits, though, bec. the sleeves are the proper length, and hem length is proportionate for your body. I think the pockets and zip look professional!
JEF said... (10/19/09 5:13 PM) Reply
I think it looks really nice. Honestly, it doesn't look too bulky or boxy. You're right - it's not fitted but it's not at the boxy extreme. It's just at the right boxy amount for a comfy fleece jacket.
NC Carol said... (10/18/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Immelu, that Kwik Sew pattern looks just perfect! Thanks so much!
Immelu said... (10/18/09 5:59 PM) Reply
It looks good though! I made kwik sew 3297 awhile ago and love it! It's fairly close fitting and doesn't feel all bulky. review is here:
pammieh said... (10/18/09 3:37 PM) Reply
I've never sewn with fleece - glad you posted this review - I have links to all kinds of technical fabrics - you inspire me - even though you dislike the fit - I love how you put it together - and great for hiking! You're right I have some new polartec stuff from Patagonia and the fits is slim and long and not boxy. Still, great review and good to know what to look for in a pattern.
sewcrazy53 said... (10/18/09 3:31 PM) Reply
Good Job!! I think the fit is NOT bad. Maybe I live in the good cold north, and I think it would look good with an extra sweater underneath for extra warmth. It was cold this mornng - 32 F degrees.
Understanding Interfacings