Mood Fabrics

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Skirts

StellaTB said... (12/2/11 8:08 PM) Reply
great looking jacket! Thanks for the tips. I am modifying this pattern for use as a riding jacket. I was happy to read your comment that the pattern sketch doesn't do the jacket justice.
Andreahg said... (10/25/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks much nicer than the drawing! I've never sewn a jacket and I've looked at this pattern several times for my first, but yours has given me to courage to go ahead!
eugenia123 said... (10/24/09 6:49 AM) Reply
That's a really nice, classic jacket - it looks great.
Rhoda K said... (10/23/09 7:03 PM) Reply
Very nice and professional looking!
Re Becca said... (10/23/09 6:52 PM) Reply
Nice collar!
nancy2001 said... (10/23/09 6:07 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks very nice, and you did a great job. When I was learning to sew jackets, I found two books were very helpful: Jackets for Real People by Palmer/Pletsch and the Easy Guide to Sewing Jackets by Cecilia Podolak. You can buy used copies of both books on amazon.
Re Becca said... (10/22/09 8:39 PM) Reply
Yeah, that is what I meant. The apex (point where the collar meets the lapel) should move out towards the point of the lapel. Your changes look much better.
carolynw said... (10/21/09 4:02 PM) Reply
Lisa I think you are missing one step - the bottom edge of the collar should be joined into the lapel - hope the instructions help you see what I mean. For the extra puffiness in the sleeve head - try folding out about 1/4" in the sleeve cap - it usually helps. Looks very nice and am sure you will get a lot of use out of it.
Re Becca said... (10/20/09 10:10 PM) Reply
That looks very svelte, and MUCH better tham the pattern sketch. I think that collar looks rather modern, I have seen several patterns like that. One thing that you might do to make it more traditional is to bring the apex of collar outwards towards the point of the collar. That sleeve cap fullness is a common problem, I often have to pin out the fullness, then resew it. The jacket that I am working on now I had to take and extra inch out. I love the fabric, wool is nice to work with. BTW, is that your kitchen? Wow!

More Knits