Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8534 (view C MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:lamstu

About lamstustarstarstar
CHINA
Member since: 8/17/04
Posted on:10/23/09 2:51 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Teruko said... (2/16/10 8:18 AM) Reply
Bravo for making a really cute top from that pattern! I tried view B and scrapped it before I finished. After seeing your modified version I may try to sew view C with a finished edge.
valerie sews said... (10/25/09 8:04 AM) Reply
I really like how your top looks with the sleeeves cut short. Great save.
barbcl said... (10/24/09 3:03 PM) Reply
Your pretty top was worth all your efforts. I also find that the knit projects can be more difficult, primarily in the area of fit. Before I ever put scissor/rotary-cutter to the fabric/muslin, I force myself to make lots of decisions. These are in the area of firmness/softness and thickness of fashion fabric or muslin!
Dmd4106 said... (10/24/09 1:22 PM) Reply
Nice top! Thanks for posting your edits to pattern as they make a big difference in the end results. Great job!
Christas said... (10/24/09 10:12 AM) Reply
Amazing how different the top looks with your alterations. You got a perfect fit! Very cute style!
renren said... (10/23/09 10:09 PM) Reply
You seem to do very well with fitted clothing. I like your new top very much and I believe you have improved on the pattern with your alterations.
Barbara V said... (10/23/09 4:17 PM) Reply
Cute top. I like your alterations for a good and flattering fit.
moushka said... (10/23/09 3:28 PM) Reply
Your final version has a great Art Deco vibe which I love. I think it would look great in a graphic print. Great save on the top and excellent review.
sewnsewtoo said... (10/23/09 2:49 PM) Reply
Wow, what determination. Congratulations on a really flattering top. Great Save.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (10/23/09 2:18 PM) Reply
LOVE your top, I must make this too.
Vintage Joan said... (10/23/09 11:25 AM) Reply
This is so nice! The difference between their long (sorry, but dowdy) version and your cute, classy short version is night and day.
marec said... (10/23/09 11:06 AM) Reply
The altered version is darling on you!!
Twinset said... (10/23/09 8:28 AM) Reply
You made a cute top out of this pattern; I like your version much better than the illustration! Thanks for all the info on the finish of the neckline, I agree it probably isn't a good idea to let it raw.
Nancy Rhodes said... (10/23/09 8:25 AM) Reply
I like the tie detail... and you stuck with it making the length suit you. I might try this in a dark color. Good idea!
Lori V said... (10/23/09 7:30 AM) Reply
Your shorter version looks very good on you.
Tiner W said... (10/23/09 6:32 AM) Reply
Cute top!
lara900 said... (10/23/09 5:19 AM) Reply
I really like the shorter version sooo much better!
fuzzygalore said... (10/23/09 4:41 AM) Reply
I like the look, but I think I agree this color doesn't do much for you.. Try it again in a darker color as you were mentioning?

by: annie11