Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2009-101 (trousers/pants)

Reviewed by:Erin Sooit

About Erin Sooitstar
TX United States
Member since: 7/2/07
Posted on:10/28/09 11:56 PM
Last Updated:10/31/09 0:14 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

marec said... (10/31/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Nice pants...I love plain front pants. Thanks for the information on sizing and the fabric "expansion".
Annette Wright said... (10/31/09 9:34 AM) Reply
Someone else had reviewed this also, so it's nice to see people liking the pattern. I will have to give it a try.
Erin Sooit said... (10/31/09 0:07 AM) Reply
I wondered about using linen cotton blend, but the cotton in this fabric made the linen a bit more stable. i don't think I can fix the photo, it's one of the first ones I've posted. I'll try putting the tan pair up too =]
Mary Nanna said... (10/29/09 11:38 PM) Reply
well, having made 2 versions of this myself it's on my TNT pattern list now too! I wonder if the linen had something to do with the amount of stretch you experienced - linen is the fabric most notorious for expansion! I made my version a size smaller in the waist - and put all belt tabs in place ready for the stretch - but making it a size smaller in the waist was all that was required.. I don't need my belt.
Patzee said... (10/29/09 6:14 PM) Reply
I've been looking hard at this pattern. Glad you like it. If you get a chance, see if you can fix the photo so we can see a larger version. Thanks!
halleyscomet said... (10/29/09 8:52 AM) Reply
Can't get a larger image of the picture but they look great!
lamstu said... (10/29/09 3:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. This is on my list of patterns and I'm always reluctant to try trousers, so your good words are encouraging. The notes about size and the waistband tip are most helpful. (Can you link your photo to more pics? Would love to see both pairs and back and side views.)

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2007-106