Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3494 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:Andreahg

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (10/26/09 6:03 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Andreahg said... (10/24/09 1:27 PM) Reply
The sleeve is from a NL blouse, with a full bicep adjustment. I think any blouse sleeve pattern that you know fits well should work.
mleclair said... (10/24/09 11:55 AM) Reply
Andrea, did you add the sleeve from another Kwik Sew pattern or did you draft your own? I've been looking at this pattern, too, and now I think I must have it!
Andreahg said... (10/24/09 11:38 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Annette, not only are they wingtips, they're wingtip Mary Janes and have a totally practical for everyday 1.5in heel. I'm basing my SWAP on these shoes!
fryman said... (10/24/09 11:14 AM) Reply
this is a great top on you. Making another would be great and I look forward to your review, if you do.
Rebecca D said... (10/24/09 9:35 AM) Reply
You're absolutely right, it fits perfectly and the white is stunning on you.
Annette1 said... (10/24/09 3:55 AM) Reply
YES, you should DEFINITELY make this AT LEAST one more time, because it truly does fit like a dream. I really like the addition of the sleeves, too. Are those WING TIPS I see peeking out from under the hem of your pants? Wing tips are my FAVORITE. :o)
Riesie said... (10/23/09 8:53 PM) Reply
Oh, I love this on you. The collar is very Kim Novak in Bell, Book & Candle!
Sweetiebop said... (10/23/09 4:48 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous, Andrea.
TerriSewCrazy said... (10/23/09 4:45 PM) Reply
Andrea, I love the top! You mentioned that you might like to alter the neckline to make another version of the top and I think you could do it very easily because the top has the same bodice fitting as a beautiful scoop neck dress by Kwik Sew, 2473, and it is an A-line skirt. I bet you could just alter the neckline of this one to be a beautiful scoop neck (without incurring the cost of another pattern), and you could even make it into a dress. I really like the version where a different fabric is used above the empire waist than below - I've had a dress like that before, and it was very flattering. I think you would look great in a scoop-neck, too!

by: tr1c14