Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 426 (Shirred and Princess Wrap Top)

Reviewed by:Lynnelle

About Lynnellestarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:11/27/09 8:51 AM
Last Updated:11/27/09 8:53 AM

Lynnelle said... (12/2/09 8:55 AM) Reply
Mimi O: You are so right! I just noticed that. Ha! Funny. All: Thank you so much for the comments. =)
Mimi O said... (12/1/09 8:25 AM) Reply
Love the top...it looks great. As far as thinking you constructed the top wrong...You didn't...based upon the pattern envelope the short sleeve version is gathered on the right side where as the long sleeved version is on the left side. Go figure...why they did that! Your top looks lovely.
quixoticpixels said... (11/29/09 3:26 PM) Reply
Peter's right: that color is REALLY flattering on you. I love the top and am so glad you were able to save it :)
Karine said... (11/28/09 1:21 PM) Reply
Great recovery! LSO - I love it! Your finished top is absolutely wonderful. You might have actually improved on the pattern.
CynthiaSue said... (11/28/09 0:52 AM) Reply
looking great in this Lynelle! great save!!
sewing for fun said... (11/27/09 12:58 PM) Reply
Love your top! I have made this pattern a ton of times. I stabilize the neckline with 3/8" knitted elastic zig-zagged to the edge before turning, then turn and topstitch with double needle. Stretch the elastic just the tiniest bit to snug the neckline. This worked great for me - as long as I am careful not to stretch too much (makes neckline too tight) and sew a 1:1 ratio after the overlap at CF - it would pull at the seams.
Peter in NYC said... (11/27/09 12:47 PM) Reply
That color looks fantastic on you, Lynnelle. Lovely top.
Lynnelle said... (11/27/09 10:45 AM) Reply
Ha! Those are Tina's words so I have to give her the credit. Those three little words have revolutionized my approach to sewing. =)
Renee' S said... (11/27/09 9:15 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. I've got this pattern on my to do pile so, I'm going to write myself a note on the instruction sheet. I love your new sewing terminology LSO - ha ha, I'm definitely going to borrow that!!
Elemenopeo said... (11/27/09 8:59 AM) Reply
It turned out nicely despite your troubles. Good save!

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest