Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1121 (MISSES' DRESS AND BELT)

Reviewed by:Pam in Virginia

About Pam in Virginiastar
VA USA
Member since: 8/15/06
Posted on:10/24/09 6:44 PM
Last Updated:4/8/10 12:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Lexley said... (6/3/12 6:51 AM) Reply
Are you able to change the neckline-reduce the width acoss the chest at the top edge for a better fit? am unable to view any pictures you have updated but the one in the main picture looks beautiful. thanks for all the great tips.
rmusic1 said... (7/8/10 1:21 PM) Reply
please do don't give up on wearing this dress! I've just finished making it and know how much work it is (I've reviewed it is you want to see how it went). The way I get in to the dress is by putting it on back to front, zipping up half way, turn the dress round the right way, pull on sleeves and then zip up (yes it's a bit of arm twisting) the rest of the way. I had to take my dress in a bit round the bust area but the waist fit fine (I guess I am not as slim as you). I agree about the bias tape advice. I was lucky enough to use an overlocking machine. Much easier!
fattyboomboom said... (4/8/10 6:23 PM) Reply
I'm so sorry that you are disappointed. It looks like a gorgeous dress though. Could it be that the required contortions are just due to the nature of a long-sleeved sheath dress? Thanks for a very informative review.
kkkkaty said... (4/8/10 1:21 PM) Reply
excellent review, thx. This dress wouldn't look good on me regardless, but I always appreciate reading about peoples modifications to get a better fit....
Sewnforever said... (11/2/09 12:56 PM) Reply
Your review has been very helpful - this was to be my next project. However, as a flat chested 32a I think I will put this one to one side!
nglalala said... (10/26/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I can't wait to see the pictures, too!
Nancy K said... (10/25/09 3:22 PM) Reply
It looks gorgeous from the small picture, but it opens up to a sideways view of the inside of the dress, which is also gorgeous. I hope that you can fix the links.
lynnewill said... (10/25/09 10:16 AM) Reply
Pattern review its such a great idea! Your comments about this dress are very helpful. I have it on my to do list and your troubleshooting will certainly speed up my pattern altering time. Looking forward to seeing the final pictures.
becca a said... (10/25/09 9:47 AM) Reply
Your seam finishing inside looks beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished dress. Thank you for the heads up about sizing.
Pam in Virginia said... (10/25/09 7:55 AM) Reply
lucylal, you shouldn't be intimated away from the pattern, but should definitely fit along the way and be prepared to pick out seams. I'm not a fan of seam ripping, but I removed 6 seams from this and 2 from the lining! It's also a dress that requires very precise fit. If the bust is loose, for instance, it will billow out to the sides and apparently if the hips are too loose, the center front will stand away from the body. The only place it's safe to allow ease for sitting is from the mid-hip down and it's absolutely necessary to move and sit comfortably.
KathleenS said... (10/25/09 3:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very useful information, and I look forward to seeing the finished dress!
lucylal said... (10/24/09 8:32 PM) Reply
I recently purchased this pattern, and am so glad that you are reveiwing it before i tackle it. I am a little worried now! (Not an advanced sewer!) Maybe with the help of my advanced mother in-law, i will be able to pull it off. Thanks, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Favorite Things Little Belle Skirts Pattern