Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8618 (Top)

Reviewed by:Rebecca D

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Kim D said... (12/3/09 11:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great hints on fabric selection. I'm cutting this out tomorrow, and plan to have it sewn before the weekend is over.
Annette1 said... (10/28/09 1:11 PM) Reply
What a great review, very detailed and informative. :o) BOTH your tops are so pretty and flattering!
ITAdmin said... (10/27/09 4:32 PM) Reply
Each fabric has its own qualities, of course, but both tops look good. I hope you're planning to wear both. Great review, too.
mssewcrazy said... (10/27/09 7:43 AM) Reply
What a cute top for cool weather! This neck seems relaxed enough that I would wear it. I don't have enough neck anymore for high neckbands.
Danvillegirl said... (10/27/09 6:52 AM) Reply
Interesting tee. I do like the brown jersey better. I may have to give this one a try.
Elona said... (10/26/09 10:58 PM) Reply
What a great review! You address some of the great concerns I had about this pattern, to wit: Those dropped sleeves and Marcy's sizing. Years ago, I took a class from Marcy in San Francisco, when she was quite a slender person. As time and poundage have proceeded, I notice her patterns are getting more and more generous, and she has ultimately surpassed my tolerance for the larger, looser garment. But this one is very nice, so thank you.
sewgranny said... (10/26/09 10:50 PM) Reply
JoAnn's have Vogue patterns on sale this week!!
Donna Likes Golf said... (10/26/09 8:45 PM) Reply
You look mah-velous!
Moxie Carol said... (10/26/09 2:01 PM) Reply
This pattern has been on my list since it came out - just waiting for a sale! Thanks for the helpful alternate instructions for the neckline, which is what I really love about this top!
Donna Likes Golf said... (10/26/09 8:41 AM) Reply
I saw this top that Rebecca made at the sewing retreat and it was really cool. Post those pictures, Rebecca! Everyone needs to see it! I will be buying this pattern and making a few of these myself. A great layering piece for northern MI winters! Nice review!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns