Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8323 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE TOP)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/26/09 10:52 PM
Last Updated:10/26/09 11:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Cultured Purl said... (3/24/12 2:28 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and must place it on my to do list now, yours is really lovely( and can be worn year round) I have always been a huge fan of princess seams,,,hmm, now where is that pattern? Love the whole outfit, perfect fall colors!
lorrwill said... (10/14/11 6:37 PM) Reply
Posh! Great colors. I love this top with the neckline folded into a shawl collar like this. Awesome colors, too. They look great on you.
Robyn16626 said... (2/2/10 4:09 AM) Reply
This version of this top is just sensational. You look great! You've convinced me to order the pattern, too. Thank you for sharing your review.
CarolynGM said... (12/3/09 8:08 AM) Reply
Very stylish top, with and without the belt.
Knitters Delight said... (10/27/09 3:55 PM) Reply
What a great top! The fabric goes perfect with the pattern.
Rhoda K said... (10/27/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Very nice!
racehorse said... (10/27/09 12:04 PM) Reply
What a wonderful piece and fantastic fabric! The colors are perfect on you. Great job!
Barbara V said... (10/27/09 11:58 AM) Reply
Oh, good question, homejewel. I should have mentioned in the review that the neck opening "on me" can be draped to be more open or arranged so that it imitates the pattern image. I'm always surprised at my fit in this area with smaller neck, narrow shoulders and SB which usually gives me more open necklines. Whichever look you prefer, you probably should make up a muslin or measure carefully to achieve that. Thanks to all for your kind and encouraging comments!
barbcl said... (10/27/09 11:50 AM) Reply
Looks beautiful!
homejewel said... (10/27/09 11:44 AM) Reply
I love everything about this top - the colors/fabric/style. You have great taste and knows what goes together well. I have this pattern and have a question. I was wondering if you altered the front neckline or is the View A a bit misleading? The View A picture on the pattern seems to show very little opening at the neckline. Regardless, I will be making one of these tops! Thanks for the great review.
Leora said... (10/27/09 11:43 AM) Reply
Lovely top!
nglalala said... (10/27/09 11:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful top~!! It looks fabulous on you. The colors compliment you very well!
sewbehind said... (10/27/09 10:20 AM) Reply
You look so chic in this. I love it with the belt. (I've been looking for a belt like that!)
marec said... (10/27/09 9:43 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I will have to revisit this pattern, remembering your beautiful work and taking cues. The belt is so pretty and adds to the whole ensemble.
DorothyK said... (10/27/09 9:41 AM) Reply
Fabulous top. The fabric is perfect for the pattern. I love the way the stripes go together in the back. You do such marvelous work and know so many tricks. For instance, that you sewed an extra deep seam at the sides of the top neck for a better fit. Who else would know to do this?
stretch queen said... (10/27/09 9:40 AM) Reply
Fantastic fabric. I love you wearing it with the belt and I thank you for that view. I wouldn't make it seeing it without the belt but with the belt- great!!! An inspiration for sure.
carolynw said... (10/27/09 9:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful as always - love that fabric
no7262 said... (10/27/09 8:39 AM) Reply
I LOVE THIS! You did such a nice job of make this and it looks great on you!!!! Nora :)
cindyann said... (10/27/09 7:47 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in that top. Great colors!
Kbenco said... (10/27/09 7:35 AM) Reply
A gorgeous top. I hope you get all your reviews in by the deadline.
LollyVee said... (10/27/09 4:40 AM) Reply
Stunning top and fabric. Love the way you accessorised it.
Lori V said... (10/27/09 4:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful top
lamstu said... (10/27/09 4:06 AM) Reply
Fabulous top - nice fit! I have been working on this pattern, exact same view A/C combo, for months. (okay, not every day). I've got so much fabric bunched up at the back of my neck that I don't know where to start modifying. You model it with the neckline turned down like a collar - this is a great idea. Thanks for a your review.
Sweetiebop said... (10/27/09 3:28 AM) Reply
You look so nice in this top. Such a great style for you.
Ann Smith said... (10/27/09 2:15 AM) Reply
This looks great. Lining it changes it so much, I wouldn't have guessed it was onionskin. I love it with the belt.
sew2little said... (10/26/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Great fabric for this top, Barbara. Very becoming!
Raye Ann said... (10/26/09 11:54 PM) Reply
striking fabric! lovely blouse.
Annette1 said... (10/26/09 11:18 PM) Reply
You're PRETTY AS A PICTURE in this stylish top. I LOVE the fabric that you've chosen and the warm colors. If this is any indication, your wardrobe is going to be MARVELISIMO! :O)
Christas said... (10/26/09 11:09 PM) Reply
Barbara, you have such a knack for picking out perfect fabrics to go with the patterns you sew! I love your color palette so much. This looks so lovely on you!
Riesie said... (10/26/09 11:01 PM) Reply
Wow, terrific top. Love the fabric.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS