Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-112

About pterionstarstar
Member since: 11/29/04
Posted on:10/26/09 11:03 PM

katharin said... (10/28/09 7:50 PM) Reply
Great top! I wish my serger could do an overstitch. I agree that Burda necklines are too low. This one looks great on you though.
cmarie12 said... (10/27/09 10:13 PM) Reply
This is a great basic top and will serve you well in your new wardrobe!
Barbara V said... (10/27/09 7:36 PM) Reply
Maybe there are several other reviews already, but yours is unique with the attractive coverstitch detail. I appreciated the tip on starting and stopping this stitch. Cute top.
barbcl said... (10/27/09 11:46 AM) Reply
Very pretty and a great color!
sewbehind said... (10/27/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Very cute! Love the coverstitching too. Your adjustments look great.
Sigrid. said... (10/27/09 10:15 AM) Reply
The topstitching makes all the difference. From a nice basic top it's a special top. Well done and great inspiration.
marec said... (10/27/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Terrific style, color and coverstitching detail. Really nice top.
Nancy K said... (10/27/09 9:25 AM) Reply
A simple top made better with your decorative stitching. I am going to have to try that soon. It's also a very pretty color. I have to agree with you about FFRPs solution to broad or narrow shoulders, which is my problem, in raglan sleeves. Last time I made a raglan sleeve (my tan linen jacket) I used the method in Fitting and Pattern Alteration a Multi-Method Approach by Liechty, Pottberg, and Rasband. They have you add to the front seam on the body at the sleeve(narrow is reversed) and then added to the sleeve seam that meets it, and at the neckline. Much better fit without a bump on the shoulder seam.
Nancy K said... (10/27/09 9:25 AM) Reply
moushka said... (10/27/09 9:19 AM) Reply
The top looks perfect on you - great fit, great colour, jazzy topstitching.
Catbird said... (10/27/09 8:30 AM) Reply
I really like this top! The coverstitching makes such a difference and accentuates the style lines beautifully. It looks great!
renren said... (10/27/09 8:08 AM) Reply
Yes, I like it, too. Where do we place our orders? Seriously, if I saw this in an LLBean catalog, I would order it. The coverstitch makes the perfect decorative stitching. Thanks for hint about "helper" fabric placement at the ends of the seams.
Tiner W said... (10/27/09 7:25 AM) Reply
Nice-looking top! The scoop neck is flattering!
Sew4Fun said... (10/27/09 0:21 AM) Reply
Lovely top! I'd like a top like this for myself. :)
Heidi Ho said... (10/27/09 0:04 AM) Reply
Great color and coverstitch detail! I love it!!!!This is so much cuter than the magazine version with the mismatched stripes.
SandraB said... (10/26/09 11:21 PM) Reply
I like your top very much. I love your decorative top stitching.
Christas said... (10/26/09 11:12 PM) Reply
I love your creative use of the coverstitch for decorative seaming.... so cute!

Understanding Wool Fabrics