Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1209 (Monaco Shell)

Reviewed by:Penny Carlson

About Penny Carlsonstar
Member since: 12/30/01
Posted on:4/29/02 1:24 PM
Last Updated:7/28/02 3:59 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
said... (7/28/02 7:11 PM) Reply
I'm glad you didn't give up, the first choice of fabric doesn't allways work. It must be stunning.
said... (5/2/02 4:01 PM) Reply
Penny, I'm sorry you were disappointed with this pattern. Like Diane E, I also used a "stiffer" knit...a cotton interlock...and didn't have the problem with a "droopy" front. Next time, I would try using a knit with a little more body and save the matte jersey for the funnel neck.
said... (5/2/02 4:00 PM) Reply
said... (4/30/02 2:39 AM) Reply
Ann, when you made it, how wide did the neckline finish up? Would my straps show? 'cause I wear an industria-strength bra!
said... (4/29/02 7:11 PM) Reply
I was sorry to hear your experience with this pattern as it is currently one of my favorites! I'm not sure a matte jersey is stable enough to hold the neckline in shape. I made view A out of a medium weight cotton knit and the neckline holds its shape very nicely and looks great on.. Hope this helps.
said... (4/29/02 6:52 PM) Reply
Also, Deepika, I found that the funnelneck worked best in a really stretchy knit. I used slinky the 2nd time I made it and was much happier than the first time, which I made in a very stable knit.
said... (4/29/02 6:50 PM) Reply
Penny, how disappointing! I have made the funnel neck version and I am loving it more and more, but I haven't yet tried the other. Thnx for the heads-up cuz I don't own a strapless bra ;)
said... (4/29/02 5:59 PM) Reply
Deepika, I didn't do the funnel neck; I used View A, the V neck.
said... (4/29/02 1:30 PM) Reply
sorry this pattern did not work for you, but thanks for your honest opinion. What if you use a bit stiffer knit next time. I think for funnel necks the stiffer the knit is, the better the neckline will be. I am curious to see what others think of this.

by: Sheila457