Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1120 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstar
WA USA
Member since: 2/9/08
Posted on:10/31/09 2:45 PM
Last Updated:11/2/09 0:55 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
pojones said... (4/3/10 1:29 PM) Reply
Mary, I have been lurking around the site for several months and this is my first Rate this Review. Just couldn't let it go by, thanks to you. You look stunning in all views and I really enjoyed the way you made this dress look different with each add-on item. You are a perfect size and the dress was made for you. Thanks for the "style" show !!!! Without your review, I would never have purchased this pattern.... !!!!!!!
julliams said... (3/6/10 2:58 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress. I'm just about to make it but don't know what size to cut. I have made 2 vogue dresses before and ended up having to cut two sizes smaller to get the right fit. Is this the same? On the back I am a 14 top and 16 bottom but just last week I made a DKNY that had me in a 12 that I felt was too big on me and it was a fitted style. Thanks - julliams@yahoo.com.au
mstress130 said... (1/8/10 11:05 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the extra pictures showing the versatility of the dress--it was so helpful to see them!
pieraci2 said... (12/3/09 7:21 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern. I plan on sewing it in black, also. Thank you for the tips...much appreciated....
AnneM said... (11/9/09 8:21 PM) Reply
Great version, and I just love your pictures showing the flexibility. I'm particularly fond of your New Year's picture, with the festive and WARM look.
MaryDB said... (11/8/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Lainy, yes it would work in a soft cotton, and would be especially cute with the pockets. It would loose the sassy factor, though, I think.
Lainy said... (11/7/09 8:16 PM) Reply
You inspired me to make up this pattern. Do you think it could work in a soft cotton?
Allie in Hong Kong said... (11/3/09 7:39 AM) Reply
Brilliant dress and so versatile. Great review too.
lmg said... (11/2/09 4:41 PM) Reply
Yup this pattern rocks. And you look terrific in it.
sewbehind said... (11/2/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Lovely versatile LBD. You will feel comfortable always.
Rhoda K said... (11/2/09 10:38 AM) Reply
A beautiful dress and a great and fun review!
annie11 said... (11/2/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Mary, This is just stunning on you. I love your review, and all of your styling changes have convinced me to go get this pattern today!
Peter in NYC said... (11/2/09 8:52 AM) Reply
Love this dress (and so does cousin Cathy), especially the beautifully pleated neckline. Beautiful with -- and, imo, especially without -- accessories.
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/2/09 7:48 AM) Reply
I loved your narrative -- walk thru the fashion decades... fun read. Good looking dress two, in my NSHO you might squeek an extra half decade out of this one.
Paris75008 said... (11/2/09 4:24 AM) Reply
Wow, you sure are versatile with your looks. You look so chic in all the outfits. Your dress is just stunningly beautiful and looks much better on you than it does on Vogue's model. You really have shown just how versatile one LBD can be. Enjoy wearing it for the next decade!
Em's Summer said... (11/1/09 4:44 PM) Reply
WOW-O-WOW!!! What a GREAT dress, Mary!!! You look very pretty in it, and very sassy, too! I love all of the different looks you're getting with just this one dress! Terrific job! Prepare yourself because when others see you in it, they'll all say that you're very chic!
dingyadi said... (11/1/09 4:29 PM) Reply
that looks terrific,love it
valerie sews said... (11/1/09 3:11 PM) Reply
Your dress is both chic and versatile. Thank you for the hint about doing some inner piping - I've had trouble with other dresses with neckline pleats.
Christas said... (11/1/09 9:43 AM) Reply
EXCELLENT review! Your new LBD looks so nice on you! Thanks for adding all of the pics. This is such a versatile dress.
Frogstitcher said... (11/1/09 9:34 AM) Reply
I love your dress. It's very flattering on you.
DorothyK said... (11/1/09 9:29 AM) Reply
Wow. Now that's a little black dress! You do look very chic in that dress. But don't wait another decade for another one. It never hurts to have two in the closet and there are lots of patterns out there. :)
becca a said... (11/1/09 9:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for showing this versatile dress. Yours looks so much better than Vogue's. It is a beautiful dress!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (11/1/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautifully done,and I just love the way you have shown how you'll wear it for different occasions.
Nata said... (11/1/09 7:56 AM) Reply
The dress is awesome, Mary. I think you made it true LBD: so very versatile.
CarolynGM said... (11/1/09 6:49 AM) Reply
This one is good for a decade, at least. Beautiful look and so versatile. Love the pattern you chose.
Texastopaz said... (11/1/09 6:31 AM) Reply
Your review has given me the pattern for my LBD! I've been looking for a pattern that is comfortable and appropriate for my needs--too many funerals to attend recently--that isn't too low-cut, suitable for a matching jacket, details with the pleating, and flattering to my "just below plus size" body size. I will buy the pattern because of your detailed review. Thanks!
LollyVee said... (11/1/09 6:12 AM) Reply
Oooh so stylish. Absolutely love this dress on you. The fabric and the fit are gorgeous! You won't have to jettison this one out in a hurry!
Sheila457 said... (11/1/09 4:13 AM) Reply
An Awesome LBD and the love versatility of the dress and the various event shots. You look great. Thank you for the lovely compliment on my cardigan.
jannw said... (11/1/09 0:16 AM) Reply
Your wardrobe sounds like mine!! Great dress and pictures..like the idea of using piping around the neckline
Athene said... (10/31/09 10:05 PM) Reply
Definitely fabulous LBD. Great photos of so many different looks.
no7262 said... (10/31/09 8:23 PM) Reply
Love all the looks you got! The Jacket that you are wearing in the Formal wedding picture, did you make that too? Beautiful! Nora :)
Raye Ann said... (10/31/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Mary! What a fantastic LBD! I agree with the others that you have done a superb job of styling it to create versitile looks for every occasion. Bravo! It is very flattering on you and fits very nicely.
Nancy K said... (10/31/09 7:43 PM) Reply
great LBd. You look chic and comfortable, a great combination
marec said... (10/31/09 6:15 PM) Reply
Hey, this *will* take you almost anywhere...even high tea. Darling dress and wonderful accessories.
mary in FL said... (10/31/09 5:02 PM) Reply
Wonderful! Stunning!
EleanorSews said... (10/31/09 4:22 PM) Reply
You are too chic! I love the way this dress fits and your accessorized options for wear are wonderful. You truly have the LBD concept to a "t".
homejewel said... (10/31/09 4:02 PM) Reply
BRAVO!!!! I can't believe the diverse looks you were able to obtain with this one dress. Amazing! I might have to put this one on my wish list now!
JuneHawk said... (10/31/09 3:57 PM) Reply
It is absolutely amazing! I LOVE IT and you wear it very well. This pattern is in my stash and I will DEFINITELY be making it after my surgery. I LOVE IT!
Leora said... (10/31/09 3:41 PM) Reply
Great pattern, love this style. Your dress is so pretty!
bluenines said... (10/31/09 3:23 PM) Reply
Great LBD !
unfinishedprojects said... (10/31/09 3:14 PM) Reply
You nailed the concept of the LDB! You'll look great on any occasion!

Shapes Six Sense Skirt Pattern