Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants
JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8498 Vintage (dress in two lenghts)

Reviewed by:Miss33

Posted on:11/1/09 8:11 AM
Last Updated:11/1/09 8:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
waltzqueen said... (11/2/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Very nice dress in my favorite color. I wore similar dresses in junior high school. I thought they were great then, and I still think so. You've done a beautiful job!
KatyBean said... (11/1/09 11:32 PM) Reply
Simplicity reissued this pattern. The new number is 3833 - I bought it and have been looking to make this long-sleeved version, just haven't found the right fabric. Yours looks really cute and is a great inspiration!
Peter in NYC said... (11/1/09 12:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful and it looks very up-to-the-minute, not vintage at all. Great job!
Rhoda K said... (11/1/09 12:37 PM) Reply
I love the style and color. Always in style as well.
Elona said... (11/1/09 11:51 AM) Reply
Certain details that were standard on those old patterns, like the back neck and elbow darts, gave them such a body-conscious and pretty line. Your dress is lovely.
Barbara V said... (11/1/09 11:05 AM) Reply
So fun to read about your experience with this vintage pattern along with comments from others who remember it. It is a great pattern with beautiful lines and yours turned out well especially in that color. Very nice!
mendospot said... (11/1/09 10:45 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I have lots of old patterns and this is one of them. It helps to see it made up as I have a hard to envisioning these old patterns in the modern day.
sewtime said... (11/1/09 10:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Love the simplicity of the lines and love the color of the fabric.
marec said... (11/1/09 9:44 AM) Reply
Somewhere there is a picture of me at age ?13 wearing a similar style and looking oh so sophisticated. :-) Love your dress and the attention to detail you have shown in both construction and the review. Thanks for a trip down memory lane.
Trephas2003 said... (11/1/09 9:37 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
MaryDB said... (11/1/09 9:37 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress - it caught my eye right away in the Gallery. My sister made a formal gown (the long view) out of this pattern in gold fabric for a formal dance circa 1966. I agree it's a great pattern. So nice to see it made up again; you did a great job with it.
DorothyK said... (11/1/09 8:59 AM) Reply
I agree about the timelessness. It's a lovely pattern and it looks great in the fabric you used. I love the detail in the back.
kidmd said... (11/1/09 8:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! The shape and color are lovely.
kimmielovesparis said... (11/1/09 8:18 AM) Reply
I ADORE this colour! A classic dress but the clean lines, reads "modern". I would love this dress. Great job.

Understanding Knit Fabrics