Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2766 (Misses/Women's pants, skirt, j)

Reviewed by:homejewel

About homejewelstar
OR USA
Member since: 8/14/08
Posted on:11/1/09 8:18 PM
Last Updated:11/1/09 8:33 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
Bootzey said... (3/14/12 1:50 PM) Reply
Thanks I needed this!
nicegirl said... (11/2/09 4:15 PM) Reply
I thought you had intentionally added the gathering at the yoke, which I think is much cuter than the plain original design! Very cute jacket.
JTink said... (11/2/09 7:46 AM) Reply
I just love this. I would have past it by looking at the envelope, but seeing it made up on you, it's a winner. I love the "artist smock" shape this coat has. It has an elegant line.
BillieJean said... (11/2/09 5:54 AM) Reply
Cover your snap with a small piece of dark silk or lining fabric and then you can wear the coat open without the glare of a snap showing. I think there was a recent article in either Threads or Vogue Patterns magazine on how to do this.
MaryDB said... (11/2/09 0:32 AM) Reply
What a nice jacket! It looks great on you. I especially like that horizontal seam detail with the button. Thanks for the review.
Athene said... (11/2/09 0:27 AM) Reply
A very smart looking jacket. I specifically bought this pattern for the jacket but have not yet made it. I think the snap idea is a good one. But my reasoning for that is because if I wore it open I would probably still leave the top button buttoned up. The fabric you used is great and you got a very nice fit. I think this is a jacket you will reach for again and again to wear. Very versatile. So I am very happy to read your review of this jacket. It looks really nice.

by: ryan's mom