Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1091 (WSJ Marrakesh Pants)

Viewed 2060 times

Last Updated:11/2/09 6:17 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 54 people
radollrose said... (4/13/11 6:33 PM) Reply
Is there a review higher than "very helpful", because this one deserves more! Thank you so much for all this information. My sister (a fellow curvy girl) is getting back into sewing and wants to try this pattern. With all of your hints, I think she can do it!!
Lou05 said... (4/23/10 11:51 PM) Reply
As a curvy girl I especially appreciate your review which is very helpful. They look great.
loti said... (12/27/09 11:10 PM) Reply
I also live in So Florida and I think they look great for our weather. Good job!
Margaret said... (11/11/09 12:19 PM) Reply
Very informative review! Great fit & I love the pockets!
Meredith P said... (11/11/09 11:23 AM) Reply
Love seeing such beautiful sewing. These look great on you, Debbie. I've got my pattern, just waiting for time.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (11/5/09 0:47 AM) Reply
You do such wonderful reviews and such meticulous work, like the fun print on the inside of the waistband and fly. Thank you for sharing with all of us once again. These look great on you!
li'l miss muffett said... (11/3/09 10:55 AM) Reply
These look awesome...I'm tempted to bite the bullet even more now! Dangit!
Mufffet said... (11/3/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Nice pants! Thanks for the review of this pattern - it does look comfy. I love your pockets.
Pam Padilla said... (11/3/09 9:30 AM) Reply
The photos are very helpful.
Doris Stewart said... (11/3/09 7:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Awesome - as usual ;-)
Rebecca D said... (11/3/09 7:01 AM) Reply
You look great in these pants, just great. Thanks for such a helpful review.
JudyP said... (11/3/09 6:57 AM) Reply
Great pants, Debbie! I love this style of pants in the hot weather. The fit looks perfect!
katie lynne said... (11/3/09 2:01 AM) Reply
As usual, a super duper review, Debbie! I've been wondering about this pattern. Thank you very much for the Curvy Girl comment. I'm in the same pattern range (actually more like self-basting), and I find it very hard not to get sucked into buying patterns that I think I can alter enough to make fit me. (I'm in denial that I don't look like I did in my 30s!) I'm with you about the comfort zone aspect--especially regarding pants! These pants are fabulous. I'm going to have to make some in linen; that sounds so luxurious.
Annette1 said... (11/3/09 0:56 AM) Reply
I LOVE your pants, Debbie, and I had not even noticed this pattern before. Now I feel like I MUST havew it, and I know another lady who will feel the same way (Karendee). What makes them so nice is the FIT: not so baggy as to appear sloppy, and yet STILL loose enough AND chic. By the way, why don't you send me that mirror of yours. I think I have a GREATER NEED for it than you do!
Barbara V said... (11/3/09 0:02 AM) Reply
Great looking pants, Debbie. Lovely fabric and nice details. Thanks for highlighting the Sandra Betzina fly construction. I will look that up.
emelle said... (11/2/09 10:13 PM) Reply
very nice and informative review too...thanks
Deepika said... (11/2/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Those pants look awesome Debbie.
Nancy K said... (11/2/09 7:52 PM) Reply
That is one good looking rear end Debbie! A really great flattering fit. There is nothing like a pair of washed linen pants for warm weather.
stretch queen said... (11/2/09 6:56 PM) Reply
I want your mirror :) Pants look great and it is good to see the pants on someone other than the cover model. They look great on you, they may look great on me.
michellep74 said... (11/2/09 6:55 PM) Reply
I'm wearing my (still-to-be-reviewed) version of these pants today. LOVE this pattern. Your version looks great!
no7262 said... (11/2/09 6:48 PM) Reply
They really look great! Nora :)
PVA said... (11/2/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Oh, Wow! Way Coooool! I made pants out of a rayon/linen blend & only did the pre-shrink deal once. Flood Pants! (8^() (pout!) Ah well, live & learn.
OP Gal said... (11/2/09 5:19 PM) Reply
Amazing fit, Debbie. I've only sewn one HP pattern, but I'm anxious to try another. Your success with this one has got me pumped!
Katharine in BXL said... (11/2/09 5:04 PM) Reply
Yowza, you got your money's worth with this pattern. The rear-view fit is impeccable! You're really skilled at getting the fit right. Nice to have moved that fabric from inactive stash to regular rotation in the closet :)
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/2/09 4:06 PM) Reply
What a GOOD "bum view"!! YOU know what I mean, Debbie :)
cindyann said... (11/2/09 3:10 PM) Reply
This patterns has really gotten my attention lately. Very nice pants, Debbie. I just love your colorful facings.
Elona said... (11/2/09 2:18 PM) Reply
Great looking pants, Debbie! This pattern seems to be a real winner (and can I borrow your rear view mirror?)
sew obsessed said... (11/2/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Wow Debbie, great fit! The back looks fabulous! I just bought a copy of this one so this review will be very helpful. Thanks.
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/2/09 12:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the reveiw on this pattern - one more I *need* to buy....sigh. Your pants turned out great!
Irene Q said... (11/2/09 11:45 AM) Reply
As usual, great review - and great pants! Who know Hot Patterns would fit so well for "us"!
sewbehind said... (11/2/09 11:22 AM) Reply
These look great on you, Debbie. It's a nice change from jeans. I envy your warmer weather.
Mermie said... (11/2/09 11:15 AM) Reply
These pants look great on you. Great review.
pterion said... (11/2/09 11:10 AM) Reply
Nice looking pants, beautifully made (as always). Thanks for the review!
moushka said... (11/2/09 10:57 AM) Reply
Usual great review, Debbie. The pants look fantastic on you. Your reviews are so inspiring to this 'curvy girl'. Thank you.

Kwik Sew 3455