Pattern Reviews> Drafted from RTW> 000002 (Jeans drafted from RTW)

Reviewed by:Twinset

About Twinsetstarstarstarstar
QC Canada
Member since: 9/15/07
Posted on:11/29/09 4:00 AM
Last Updated:11/29/09 4:03 AM

Vesta Patterns

Hilary said... (1/14/10 1:59 PM) Reply
These are fan-TAS-tic!!! What an incredible job sewing these you did~the fit (& flare!) is perfect, too. Well done! (I love your vintage Singer, too!! what a steal!!)
Barbara R said... (1/3/10 7:33 PM) Reply
Love the jeans! I once read a tip on how to keep jeans from stretching so much. I haven't tried it yet myself. Basically if I recall correctly, the suggestion was to not prewash the fabric before cutting! Or if you would normally wash and dry twice, just do so once. Make the jeans, leaving extra length, and wash and dry again before hemming. Now they should be more snug when you put them on, so when they inevitably stretch while wearing, they will stretch to a size that is more like what you are aiming for. I would think this tip would work especially work when the fabric contains lycra. And there is also Claire Schaeffer's couture tip on pre-stretching (via ironing) the knee area of pants before laying out the pattern, so that area won't stretch out so much while wearing as well. HTH!
CatherineStar said... (12/30/09 7:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent tip about having a pattern made of a favorite pair of Jeans! Makes so much since. Also, like you, I have apprehension about making my first pair of pants. With your recommendation of the Jalia Jeans pattern I feel very motivated to jump in and do it. Thank you.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (11/29/09 9:19 PM) Reply
re the "jeans growing" problem...could you cut the waistband on the straight of grain, reinforce it with interface, so at least that part doesn't expand after a few hours of wear?
sewnsewtoo said... (11/29/09 3:02 PM) Reply
Congrats on a great job. Your pants look like very high-end RTW. Wish I had your shape. Thanks for the review.
Elke said... (11/29/09 12:12 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans and you have a perfect fit!
Christas said... (11/29/09 10:02 AM) Reply
These are absolutely PERFECT! They look like very expensive jeans..... so impressive!
Barbara V said... (11/29/09 9:53 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed with your jean making talent! These are fabulous as are the others that you have sewn and these even made from RTW. They fit perfectly and you look great in them!
carolynw said... (11/29/09 9:46 AM) Reply
Another great fit - these look like $$$$ jeans!!
CarolynGM said... (11/29/09 9:42 AM) Reply
These look like you plunked down $$$ for them. Great job.
Catbird said... (11/29/09 8:55 AM) Reply
I am dizzy with admiration. These are impeccable. And so inspiring. I've got two favorite jeans that I've been in the process of copying but I keep laying them aside for other sewing projects that take my fancy. Now I'm inspired to get them done. The detail about the difference in the cut of the Jalie vs. the Italian jeans is so interesting -- I think that's a hallmark of the European cut that has a slimming effect. And using similar fabric to the original is so critical, but you were able to make the necessary adjustments to end up with that perfect fit. Your daughter's comment made me laugh. I do like the new width of the leg, so I think she helped you out with her honesty! Lucky you -- now you have two high end jeans patterns to play with. These are ouststanding.
no7262 said... (11/29/09 8:15 AM) Reply
Wow! They look great! You did an amazing job of making this jeans! I am contemplating starting my first pair today! I really don't have the skills, but I'm going to gove it a whirl anyway! Nora :)

by: Junia