Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1129 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:11/3/09 1:17 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
loishendry said... (4/27/13 7:15 PM) Reply
GREAT review and lovely coat. I too appreciated all the detail you added. I have just cut my coat out.
NJcowgirl said... (1/15/13 2:14 PM) Reply
Awesome review. Thank you.
Margaret said... (11/4/09 12:55 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for your very kind comments! Sweetiebop, I love your coat! I'm taking the online jeans class so Vogue 8202 might be next, but it is taking me a long time to get the fit right. Linda, I had several reviews to write and wanted to have SOME kind of photo for them, but I agree, a photo on me would be better and I will try to get one soon! Thanks again!!
WJean said... (11/4/09 12:23 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this detailed and understandable review on a pattern that I requested for review. Your review with the inclusion of altered pattern pieces is one of the most helpful that I've read. While I appreciate all reviews and the effort to contribute and assist other sewist I do hope your inclusion of the altered pattern pieces is the beginning of a new trend for this site. As we know a lot of our problems constructing garments is found in the inability to effectively alter a pattern, and I cannot emphasize how encouraging your detailed review is. Oh, I almost forgot ;-> your coat is very pretty. I plan to make this coat after reading your review, as I do (finally admitted to it) need another dress coat. Off to check my fabric stash....
Danvillegirl said... (11/4/09 7:04 AM) Reply
Wow, fantastic review. I make some of the similar pattern adjustments you make due to my being short. I have and want to make this pattern. I will be using your helpful review. Your coat is lovely, beautiful color. Please consider taking a photo and posting with you wearing.
Flying Seamstress said... (11/4/09 6:00 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for sharing this sewing/fitting experience! Your new coat is lovely and I know you will enjoy wearing it. Your generosity in preparing this thorough review is very much appreciated!!!
marec said... (11/3/09 9:05 PM) Reply
Great coat and terrific review!
Auntie Allyn said... (11/3/09 6:33 PM) Reply
Great review . . . this one is in my "to do" pile, and your comments and recommendations are very much appreciated!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/3/09 2:13 PM) Reply
"Yikes!! "Highly recommended for master seamstresses", I say!! Would LOVE to see it "on" ya!!
Tailypo said... (11/3/09 2:03 PM) Reply
Thank you for this incredibly detailed and thoughtful review. I love your results and intend to print this out when I take on this jacket!
Sweetiebop said... (11/3/09 1:58 PM) Reply
Love your coat and the color too. I wish I had used a lighter fabric. I am so glad I am not the only one who thought this wasn't easy. The procedures yes not the multiple steps. Just show me what your are doing next.
homejewel said... (11/3/09 1:49 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this very detailed review. It was very helpful and tells me where I need to mentally prepare before tackling this project. I love this jacket and because of my height will have to do quite a bit of modifications to the pattern. I will definitely be rereading this review again before I start on mine. Thank you again for all the effort and pictures!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109

by: Lynnelle

by: STARG

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Veronica Pocketbook