Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8600 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:11/3/09 2:37 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
TessKwiltz said... (11/6/09 3:54 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the detailed review!
Karine said... (11/4/09 9:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a thorough review, complete with photos - very helpful! Your jacket is wonderful, in spite of all the work. It is unique, but in a stylish, good way. I hadn't particularly liked the pattern until I saw your finished jacket. Very nicely done!
Karine said... (11/4/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Rebecca D said... (11/4/09 7:00 AM) Reply
This review is extraordinarily helpful, though I felt exhausted reading it. So many steps, oh vey! Thank you. Your jacket is great looking.
Aunt Gail said... (11/3/09 9:48 PM) Reply
I've looked at several of Marcy's patterns--and DETAIL is certainly what she is about. NOW - after reading your very professional review, I am even more determined to shy away for a bit longer as I refresh my sewing skilss. You are to be congratulated for hanging in there, working out the jig-saw puzzle of pattern pieces, Multiple steps to complete and still coming up with a decent lo9oking jacket.
marec said... (11/3/09 9:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for a thorough and helpful review. This pattern is one of my "dreaming" pattern wishes. Your jacket is so very chic!!
moushka said... (11/3/09 6:18 PM) Reply
Great review and I love your jacket; in fact, I'm putting it on my "must buy" list. The jacket is unique so you don't need more than one, but it's so nice to see something really unusual for a change. Thank you for such a thorough review.
Kemish said... (11/3/09 5:20 PM) Reply
It is a great looking jacket. I have currently fitted a muslin for this pattern and now am looking for fabric. I appreciate your review - gave me some ideas to think about regarding fabric and construction. Thank you for such a great review.
nglalala said... (11/3/09 4:45 PM) Reply
Great review! Even though it may not be as practical as one would like, it's a great looking jacket.
ConnieBJ said... (11/3/09 4:03 PM) Reply
I recognized that pattern as soon as I saw your photo! Thanks for the very thorough, excellent review. I have this pattern and will take your thoughts into consideration if I ever get to it!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/3/09 3:55 PM) Reply
"tushy space"... Now THAT's cute!! You REALLY do a thorough Review, Margaret... Congratulations!!

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2009-127