Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2566 (Misses or Plus Size Pants, Ski)

Reviewed by:ClaireEmily

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Pants    Plus    Skirts
Oceanpeg said... (11/9/09 12:32 PM) Reply
This pattern might be great for Tartan fabrics like the ones I have in my stash. Added this pattern to my wish list and might get one to make up a Tartan vest with it. Thanks for the idea FreyaStark.
ClaireEmily said... (11/8/09 2:55 PM) Reply
Freya - when it cools down enough to wear it I might drag this pattern out again. It would certainly be a quick and satisfying sew now! Renren - glad to hear about your dragon loving friend! The dragon on the back was designed by a member of our side. We then had them screen printed onto the same red fabric so that we could all have one. All I did was sew the screen print on. There is a tradition of embroidering/decorating the dragons - my last waistcoat was embroidered with metallic thread and glass beads. One day I will get around to decorating this one!
renren said... (11/8/09 7:34 AM) Reply
The surprising things we learn about the lives of our PRers. Fabulous looking dance team and I love the vest. I have a little dragon-loving friend to whom I will show the picture . . . she draws dragons, really nice dragons, dragons nice enough to win at the high school state art competitions, and I will be showing her your dragon. Did you buy that black-circled dragon and iron it on or is it something you have fabricated yourself? Very nice.
FreyaStark said... (11/8/09 5:16 AM) Reply
Morris dancing! Well, I never ... (I love the shoes!) Couldn't you use another vest in a snazzy fabric like a tartan cut on the cross or an embroidered Chinese satin to wear with a long-sleeved T or blouse in spring and autumn?

Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic