Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1023 (MISSES' COAT)

Reviewed by:Monica Ann

About Monica Annstar
OH USA
Member since: 10/27/08
Posted on:11/7/09 11:04 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 9 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Monica Ann said... (11/18/10 9:47 AM) Reply
The material I used was terribly thick - double sided camel hair. I don't recommend for this, however, it would be good to underline if you are using for an outside coat. I do love 60s clothes and yes indeed it has that "madmen" look. Okay - so not such a begnner project...but it was fun. Thanks again everybody.
Peggy L said... (11/17/10 11:42 AM) Reply
Impressive! I cut this out about 2 years ago and it has been "maturing":) I just got it out to try and finish for this season. Yours is great and this is not a beginner project!
Tina Rathbone said... (2/7/10 0:43 AM) Reply
Monica Ann, how brave of you to tackle this as your first jacket! :) I just added it to my pattern stash: it looks so very "Madmen". ;) Where's my riding boots? :) Well done.
NancyAnn2 said... (1/31/10 7:39 AM) Reply
I have the pattern but am hesitating over the buttonholes and the thickness of my fabric.
Monica Ann said... (11/29/09 3:39 PM) Reply
Thanks, Yorkshirelass
yorkshire lass said... (11/28/09 4:20 PM) Reply
That is absolutely lovely. And it looks so warm and cosy. Well done on the bound buttonholes, they are such a challenge to do, especially in such a thick fabric.
Monica Ann said... (11/8/09 8:03 PM) Reply
Karine and Nancy - your words are such an inspiration. Thank you.
Karine said... (11/8/09 10:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat! Love the style. I'd hardly call you a beginner - padstitching, bound buttonholes, gussets. Great job.
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/8/09 10:08 AM) Reply
Wow factor on any number of things... Great coat, you met a challenge head on: new stuff techniques fabric the BndBtnHoles... I am most impressed. You will stand tall in this one! I am most anxious to see you next project... Bravo ! well done!
lyndle said... (11/7/09 6:43 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm so impressed by people who call themselves beginners and sew coats. This looks great! Love the buttons and the bound buttonholes too. Congratulations!
Monica Ann said... (11/7/09 4:25 PM) Reply
Thanks Marec, Bluenines and Beek for your lovely comments.
Beek said... (11/7/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Great jacket. You'll wear this over and over. So versatile.
bluenines said... (11/7/09 11:48 AM) Reply
lovely coat, I to know what you mean about handstitching. great job on the bound botton holes, they are something that i have not even begun to do!
marec said... (11/7/09 11:18 AM) Reply
It is gorgeous! I know what you mean about handstitching...:-)

Burda 8379