Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7866 (Kimono Sleeve Knit Top)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:11/10/09 10:18 AM

CrescentaLuna said... (11/13/09 3:33 AM) Reply
Oh, Nicegirl - you used the word "fungibly." Correctly. I'm swooning ... *sigh* ... Oh, and the top's nice too!
marec said... (11/12/09 0:42 AM) Reply
Great outfit and you definitely hit it "out of the park" with your choice of this fabric and pattern.
Woolygal said... (11/11/09 7:42 AM) Reply
That is one hot outfit. Must find the pattern.
SpinningJenny said... (11/11/09 5:00 AM) Reply
Great styling and super gorgeous on you! The fabric is perfect for this top, and I really like the bias cut lower band.
FreyaStark said... (11/11/09 3:31 AM) Reply
Very smart and distinctive.
Tailypo said... (11/11/09 1:50 AM) Reply
Great top! The fabric really makes it -- not only because of the lovely drape, but also the lines of the oversize check. Sometimes these kimono sleeve tops can be, for lack of a better word, stumpifying, but the long lines keep you looking lithe and lovely. Nice job!
swede said... (11/10/09 7:34 PM) Reply
Really cute top, it looks great on you. I think I'll pick this one up myself now!
Kristine Kay said... (11/10/09 7:14 PM) Reply
Great top, looks easy to make and easy to wear!
cabinbaby said... (11/10/09 4:50 PM) Reply
Fun! I love this top and your bright contrast-y tights.
Mufffet said... (11/10/09 4:50 PM) Reply
WOW. Awesome as usual....I always end up saying that! BUT, your sense of what to put together is great and rarely is there something not just perfect!
Tiner W said... (11/10/09 4:05 PM) Reply
This is so flattering on you. Great top!
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/10/09 3:15 PM) Reply
Love this look on you! The black & white plaid is perfect for this type of top. LOVE the tights!!!!! (I'd also like to know if this appeared in a BWOF.)
Lori V said... (11/10/09 3:07 PM) Reply
that is a great top and a outfit. How did I miss this pattern and all the reviews?
Deepika said... (11/10/09 2:33 PM) Reply
Trina, I love that look. And your review is so helpful. I might just make this top now.
AnneMarie60 said... (11/10/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Love your fabric and the bias-cut bottom panel! You've put together a stylish ensemble that looks fantastic on you!
DorothyK said... (11/10/09 12:55 PM) Reply
This top is fabulous. You couldn't have picked a more perfect fabric for it. Your entire outfit is RIGHT ON! I've had this pattern on my wish list and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. Your review will be helpful when I start working on the pattern.
michou68 said... (11/10/09 12:45 PM) Reply
There are no seam allowances in Germany. Burda persists on saying that it would be better for fitting purposes to no add them in the pattern but to leave to the seamstress herself. On the other hand they say that because it is usual to do this in America: what the heck, let them have it ... The only exception is the "Ma▀schnitt", the pattern made for your measurements. Very nice top, btw :-)
Leslie in Austin said... (11/10/09 12:12 PM) Reply
Never would have looked twice at this pattern until seeing your version. Yours is rockin', particularly the way you've styled your whole outfit. Wonder if this pattern has been in any issue of BWOF...
Gecko said... (11/10/09 12:07 PM) Reply
This whole outfit looks great! Love the top!
racehorse said... (11/10/09 11:42 AM) Reply
I love this top on you! I tried this pattern too, but I was not happy with how it looks on me, but on you--adorable!
Opals Passions said... (11/10/09 11:19 AM) Reply
I love the top and the outfit....
li'l miss muffett said... (11/10/09 10:24 AM) Reply
This looks adorable on you and I love those awesome tights!

Paradiso Designs Everyday Bag Pattern