Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4261 (Spa Essentials - pants)

Reviewed by:SilvrGhost

About SilvrGhoststar
ON CANADA
Member since: 1/13/09
Posted on:11/9/09 8:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Activewear
psikelly said... (3/19/10 10:20 PM) Reply
Excellent review, suggestions & photos. Thank you!
SilvrGhost said... (11/28/09 1:31 PM) Reply
Thank you! I appreciate the kind comments. I also like the idea of turning this into a top - it will make a great yoga top if the addition is snug enough.
BlossomKyle said... (11/13/09 9:38 PM) Reply
i never ever thought about making my own sports bra--love it--thanks for the inspiration
susiestitcher said... (11/10/09 7:06 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Your bra looks pretty neat! I have this pattern but have not looked at it yet. Since I also do not need as much support, I am hoping to give this one a try. It's also a great idea for using up my old stained-in-spots corporate T-shirts, maybe as a lining or inside layer. Mine are in pretty bad shape! I also bought this pattern for the jacket, so I guess I should look at the construction notes first, as I don't favor raw edges anywhere, even in knit fabrics. Thanks so much for that information.
homejewel said... (11/10/09 1:49 AM) Reply
That's a cute sports bra and I like the idea from the previous poster about adding a "skirt" under the band. This pattern has a lot of options. You are so good at refashioning clothes. Great job!
sewing for fun said... (11/9/09 11:02 PM) Reply
Very cute and looks nice. I sewed this bra and found I could create a cute summer top by adding a little skirt under the band. I also lined the front of the top and added some sew in bra cups to the lining for extra support and coverage for the girls. It is a fun pattern and quick to sew, Thanks for all your details!

Papercut Patterns 1004