Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2009-114 (LBD with bias skirt)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

About Birgittestarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/28/04
Posted on:11/9/09 8:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Birgitte said... (5/25/10 1:07 AM) Reply
Donna Mel, sorry about that. Mac's iWeb has changed format so I'll need to update a lot of links... In the meantime, try this link http://web.mac.com/bjorum/Site/Library_3.html I know how frustrating it is with broken links, truly sorry about this.
donna mel said... (5/24/10 7:23 PM) Reply
oh nuts, i really want to make this dress, and wish i could see your pics...they are no longer click-able!
LindsayT said... (11/15/09 2:43 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress! When are you finding time to sew?! And so perfectly as always!
lamstu said... (11/10/09 7:43 PM) Reply
A great dress and out of such challenging fabrics! Thank you for the reference to Carr; I'll look it up now!
Beek said... (11/10/09 10:25 AM) Reply
From one dress lover to another...... what a fabulous addition to your collection. Enjoy wearing it!
Catbird said... (11/10/09 10:03 AM) Reply
It's even more astounding than usual to see you turn out a creation like this with your current schedule at the Pasadena Playhouse. Such a thrilling time, but you must be in hyper-mega-overdrive! This dress looks like heaven to wear. The side view shows off the beautiful shape and drape, and it looks stunning on you. What a perfect 'frankenpattern'! :-)) The boots are great. As always, I love the generous details you give us of the process and will bookmark this to refer back to. That overcoat is gorgeous -- I could see some pleating at the hem and sleeves, and it looks perfect with the dress. I wonder if you made that too-? Your reviews are a delight.
Lori V said... (11/10/09 7:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful LBD, your new pattern is a perfect combination.
Fran G said... (11/10/09 6:57 AM) Reply
Your outfit is so chic and forever stylish. Your choice of fabrics and styles combine to create the most luxurious garments. Although I would never dare to attempt this bias project your review contains a wealth of information..thanks!!
marec said... (11/10/09 1:21 AM) Reply
Very breezy LBD...excellent look!
CynthiaSue said... (11/9/09 11:34 PM) Reply
total day to-night-dress. the pictures can't do it justice, silk wool and charmeuse-omigosh I bet it's so luxurious! love the throw it on and go style!
Birgitte said... (11/9/09 9:37 PM) Reply
Amanda, I shortened the sleeves 2" like I did on the tunic, and then added elastic. And thanks, it feels super easy and comfy to wear.
Amanda S. said... (11/9/09 9:06 PM) Reply
Ooh, I love it! It has a totally effortless style to it, especially with the great coat you've paired it with. I'm confused about the sleeves, though. I thought that tunic had long sleeves. Did you simply shorten them or use a different pattern?