Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1146 (Koos van den Akker Coat)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Outerwear

Terri A said... (10/22/10 0:00 AM) Reply
Just amazing!
Michelle99 said... (12/22/09 6:14 AM) Reply
Wow, I love that muslin even better than the 'real' thing! But I can't imagine life with two of these coats. Beautiful!
ITAdmin said... (11/23/09 3:04 PM) Reply
Hi, Madame Curieus. Here's how I interpreted the front yoke lining--it's only for View A. I would have lined mine anyway, though, except for one thing. The fabric I used has a smooth backing, so I thought lining it was unnecessary. Just personal preference, I guess. But I don't think you're "supposed" to line the front yoke of View B. I've added a shot of the front of my coat to the composite. I had some of me wearing it, but they were accidentally deleted.
Mimsy Borogoves said... (11/23/09 11:44 AM) Reply
ps...I would love to see the way you did the front of your little beauty!!:)
Mimsy Borogoves said... (11/23/09 11:40 AM) Reply
I am in the process of making this coat and am confused about the lining on the front yoke. It is pictured but not addressed on the pattern. Is the front yoke lines. ps your coat is stunning, I hope to finish mine by Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for your review of this pattern. It really helps to hear from others
Karine said... (11/20/09 10:43 AM) Reply
Great coat! Definitely wearable! I can't wait to see the next one.
kerrynw said... (11/20/09 8:56 AM) Reply
Wow this is a wonderful peice of "wearable art". You have done a fantastic job!
Nancywin said... (11/20/09 0:46 AM) Reply
What an impressive undertaking! I never realized that this coat had so much detail in it You've done a beautiful job and will get plenty of compliments I'm sure. I love all the details.
ITAdmin said... (11/19/09 7:58 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments. marec, View A, which I want to make next time, uses more of one dominant fabric than View B. It also has a contrast bias strip down one side front; that's really not visible in any of the photos. Not to keep harping on it, but I think the photography for this was really poor overall. I want to do something different with the back applique, but I'm not sure what just yet.
Michele Lommasson said... (11/19/09 7:39 PM) Reply
Nice review. I think your coat turned out quiet well. You should be proud.
marec said... (11/19/09 7:34 PM) Reply
Thank you Thank you for this review. I love this pattern and am so pleased to see your very cool version. Will you use the exact same piecing for the next version? Is this according to the pattern or your own design? So interesting.
Em's Summer said... (11/19/09 7:26 PM) Reply
ItAdmin--Very pretty and very artsy!!!
moonchild61 said... (11/19/09 6:05 PM) Reply
I covet this coat! Great Job!
DorothyK said... (11/19/09 6:02 PM) Reply
Very nice. I've been intrigued by this pattern also. You did a great job. Looking forward to your next version in wool. Your gripes about what Vogue should have included are very justified.
carolynw said... (11/19/09 5:35 PM) Reply
OMG - this is beautiful - definitely definitely a wearable muslin and if you think otherwise will send you my address and will pay postage. Way to go girl!!
sewtime said... (11/19/09 4:33 PM) Reply
Beautifully made!! I don't know what to say....WOW!
kkkkaty said... (11/19/09 4:29 PM) Reply
oh, thanks for this review, I bought this pattern and want to try it!!!
Annette1 said... (11/19/09 3:18 PM) Reply
Wow, my hat's off to you for making this coat! Whenever I see one of Koos' patterns, I try to figure out how I can make it less complicated -- ha! -- and that's what makes it doubly nice to see it done "right" by you. The picture of all of that PIECING makes my head swim. I can't get the thumbnail to open up, but even in that little picture, I love the color waves. Great job!

Kwik Sew 3624