Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4675 (Socks)

Reviewed by:jannw

About jannwstarstarstarstar
WA USA
Member since: 9/3/06
Posted on:11/11/09 7:48 PM
Last Updated:11/12/09 2:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
JTink said... (11/14/09 2:50 PM) Reply
Jannw, thanks for the heads up on the sizes. I also like the idea of loose elastic around the top. I found some of the non-skid at Joanns yesterday and plan to make these tomorrow. Thanks again.
Kayseri said... (11/13/09 4:35 AM) Reply
These look great. I love hte idea of using shelf grip for the sole - I'm going to steal that for my next pair of slippers.
ClaireF in CA said... (11/12/09 7:18 PM) Reply
OOOOO! I just love your slippers! They look so toasty warm and are so cute! I just got the "green pepper" fleece sock pattern - wish I had seen your review first! Another pattern for the wish list!
jannw said... (11/12/09 6:39 PM) Reply
thank you all for your kind comments...JTink-If the sole size is the same, it should work..can you see a overlap on the side of the bootie? That should give you an indication of width.Do any of his regular shoes have a removable inner sole? A woman's 9 is about a man's 5 if I am remembering correctly. It would be fairly easy to put a casing in at ankle level and run some elastic also, if you think they might flop a bit.
Claire in Montreal said... (11/12/09 5:14 PM) Reply
They're cute ! I wear a 9 too - can I borrow them ? LOL
JTink said... (11/12/09 3:26 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you made these. I bought this pattern with my husband's Christmas present in mind. I already cut out the top and pants. I was holding off on the slipper because I haven't found the non-skid yet. I was thinking of using white vinyl. But if all else fails, that shelf liner idea is a winner. You said you wear a 9 shoe and made an extra small slipper. My husband wears a 10. I was planning on using the XL for him. I compared it with a pair of bootie slippers he wore last year and they are the same sole size. Do you think it would be too large for him? Thanks so much for all the added tips.
RLL said... (11/12/09 2:50 PM) Reply
gripping shelf liner....brilliant!
CynthiaSue said... (11/12/09 1:38 PM) Reply
great christmas idea!! thanks!!!
Lucy in Virginia said... (11/12/09 11:12 AM) Reply
Really like these!
MaryDB said... (11/11/09 11:50 PM) Reply
What a great way to use up leftover fabric! So cute.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/11/09 11:19 PM) Reply
Warm feet after an invigorating winter walk, eh!! ;)
renren said... (11/11/09 10:25 PM) Reply
These really are a great idea and using the gripping shelf liner was an inspiration. Very cozy looking and my prediction for you: warm feet ahead!
Sandi S said... (11/11/09 10:22 PM) Reply
cute!
Catbird said... (11/11/09 8:36 PM) Reply
What a great idea! They're so practical and fun, too.

Simplicity 1905