Pattern Reviews> J Stern Designs> 0037W (Women's Jeans)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:11/11/09 8:35 PM
Last Updated:11/11/09 8:42 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 43 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

babyblue08 said... (7/16/13 10:27 AM) Reply
I have just jointed PR and this is the first review I have read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and laughed at the UFO comment, since I have never heard of the term before...since I am new to this term, is it"unfinished fabric object", or am I totally off the mark..I have been sewing for over 40 years, and most of the time I have been dwelling in the Halloween costume underworld for it is finally time to make something for myself....thank you for the information on this particular jeans pattern.I have issues with wide thighs and smaller back..
Lexley said... (6/8/13 5:49 PM) Reply
What a great review! i've worked out the best jean pattern is the one you copy from a pair you love yourself. Kenneth K. King has a fantastic method of copying a favourite garment on specifically for jeans. it'll save you a lot of tears and frustration doing endless muslins and fittings....
A of the M's said... (2/26/10 1:58 AM) Reply
How wonderfully thorough! I appreciate your tips and suggestions. Thank you!
ShariKen said... (2/15/10 2:28 PM) Reply
Very good review. I think I'll wait a while before I try them.
ShariKen said... (2/15/10 2:27 PM) Reply
Very good review. I really liked the photo on the pattern, just what I was looking for. But I think I'll way a while before I make them, but I will make them.
OP Gal said... (11/15/09 9:05 AM) Reply
Too bad these didn't work for you. The photo on the front is so cool, it's bound to suck you in and entice you to try it. It really does sound like a pattern for a no-so-curvy figure. Thanks for all the details. I always learn something from you.
angie.a said... (11/14/09 6:20 PM) Reply
Well poo. I have this one and was hoping for the holy grail. heh. (You know, I keep hoping)
JudyP said... (11/13/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. i think the last pair of jeans you made fit you much better, but these are wearable!
janet said... (11/12/09 8:33 PM) Reply
Many thanks for your "Fly Front" tutorial! You have inspired me to finally "bite to bullet" and put in a fly front on my basic pants pattern. As with all of your tutorials; this one is complete and "fool proof". We are certainly lucky that you are a member of the Pattern Review family. Thank you for the complete review of the Jennifer Stern pants pattern. I always look forward to your reviews--and there is always a special surprise in them. A new technique to be explored is offered.
knitmachinequeen said... (11/12/09 5:43 PM) Reply
You may not like them but I think they look great on you!
sew2little said... (11/12/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Oh the perils of jeans--both to sew and to buy. I do know someone who made these jeans, and they worked for her. She has a very curvy, small-waist-in- comparison-to-hips type figure, but she still had to do a CB waistband seam and add darts in the yoke. But they do look great on her.
Mufffet said... (11/12/09 5:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for this Debbie, good to know what won't work. This wouldn't work for me either.
Meredith P said... (11/12/09 3:17 PM) Reply
Very thorough and helpful review. You are a trouper, going through all that. Now you can move on to something else :-)
Kemish said... (11/12/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Great review. I have been looking for a jean pattern and have been reading the reviews of several different ones. I appreciate you provding all the detials of the process of fitting this pattern. Sometimes I learn more from the the patterns that don't quite work for me then the ones that do. You put a lot of work into the jeans and I appreciate your efforts. Thanks!
li'l miss muffett said... (11/12/09 9:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for this! I've been debating about this pattern for awhile now but think I'll let it slide. I imagine I'd have similar problems.
Andreahg said... (11/12/09 7:57 AM) Reply
thanks for the thorough review! They're ok, but you've made more flattering pants.
moushka said... (11/12/09 6:50 AM) Reply
Super review, as usual, Debbie. I'd been wondering about these so the info is much appreciated.
Peggy L said... (11/12/09 3:06 AM) Reply
Very good review! Great stitching on the pockets.
Sherril Miller said... (11/11/09 10:55 PM) Reply
Sorry you had to go through all that work. I know you like to try out new patterns now and then, but like me, go back to those TNTs. Luckily for us, we get a great through review. If you didn't already have a fantastic TNT pattern, however, I'd say with a few more tweaks, this one could be a winner.
marec said... (11/11/09 10:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for an incredibly helpful review. I know you just wanted these finished...I think they look fine. Love the color and detailing.
ClaireEmily said... (11/11/09 8:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review it was very helpful! Not sure whether to try them now or not!

by: SavageCoco