Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2009-110 (Pleat-front skirt)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:11/13/09 11:09 AM

Michele Lommasson said... (1/21/12 10:32 AM) Reply
A beautiful skirt, thank you for taking us through the steps and pitfalls of the pattern.
OP Gal said... (11/15/09 8:44 AM) Reply
Cute skirt. That's a beautiful plaid. Congratulations on the smokin' hot welt pockets. Those aren't easy to get perfect. Thank you for the detailed review.
renren said... (11/14/09 8:23 AM) Reply
This little skirt is just perfect--perfect welt pockets, perfect plaid matching, perfect zipper installation, perfect choice of fabric . . . perfect.
Danvillegirl said... (11/14/09 7:55 AM) Reply
Pretty skirt. Great job on pockets.
Mary Nanna said... (11/13/09 12:56 PM) Reply
I laughed when I read your review because I have struggled through "piping" and "abutting lines" on a dress I made with double welt pockets from BWOF. My personal favourite though, is there use of "slit" to mean the front fly opening. When they direct you to sew the back up to the front opening slit, it does give you pause for a little snigger.
kathigarn said... (11/13/09 12:28 PM) Reply
This is one of the patterns I thought was cute in the magazine. I think it is even cuter now! Great job!
eugenia123 said... (11/13/09 12:09 PM) Reply
I love this skirt - it's looks so beautifully made and the fabric is perfect for it.
squirrellypoo said... (11/13/09 11:40 AM) Reply
tg33 - I suppose that might be the case, but I'm 5'8" so I'm not exactly petite and their skirt hems usually fall on me approximately where they say...
chicaem29 said... (11/13/09 11:29 AM) Reply
Love your skirt! I'm glad to see your review - I had forgotten about this skirt and I think it would be perfect for a fabric I just bought. Plus it's really helpful in alerting me to fitting/instruction issues! I was debating between a pencil or A-line skirt and this seems like a good compromise of the two. Anyways, the plaid looks great and your welt pockets are lovely!
tg33 said... (11/13/09 11:28 AM) Reply
I think I've seen it mentioned before that the BWOF models are very long legged, and the patterns tend to look longer in real life, which would explain what you found?
marec said... (11/13/09 11:20 AM) Reply
Wonderful new skirt! As always, your work is so detailed. Really nice.

Violette Field Threads Stella