Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4076 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:RuthieSews

Other Projects by RuthieSews using this Pattern

photophotophotophoto
photophoto
JDpenelope said... (11/15/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Nice top, beautiful color. I appreciate your explanations about your alterations. Interesting comments about decolletage -- Even when I was younger, I didn't wear anything with a low-cut neckline, although my skirt lengths and short-shorts were not at all "conservative." I agree that younger American women do wear more revealing necklines these days.
RuthieSews said... (11/13/09 5:54 PM) Reply
Renren its not as low as it looks when worn honest. I will try and take a picture and update my review another day :-D
Nancy K said... (11/13/09 5:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful color!
renren said... (11/13/09 2:17 PM) Reply
Why, I do believe that IS your color, Ruthie. You are the queen of teal and turquoise and this looks like another fab top. (I am intrigued by the decolletage comment. I, personally, do not like to wear anything that draws attention to my body or which shows too much skin. Anything. On the other hand, my two dds are definitely comfortable with showing lots more skin. I wonder if this is a cultural thing or a generational thing. Hmm. And I will concede that I was raised with what I consider an unhealthy emphasis on keeping everything (including knees) covered up and I learned this at a very early age .) Well, anyway, I think you have a lovely top and I know you will enjoy wearing it. You will definitely bring Caribbean sunshine to the British Isles on these gray November days!

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2011-110