Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1099 (Plain & Simple Princess Shirt)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:11/15/09 10:27 AM

eugenia123 said... (11/18/09 5:51 PM) Reply
A wonderful shirt and that colour is so delicious! And what a great review, entertaining and informative - perfect!
Christas said... (11/17/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Orange is definitely YOUR color! This looks very pretty on you. Your adjustments turned this into a very nice top. Glad you didn't give up on it...... looks like a keeper for sure.
Jali said... (11/16/09 10:00 AM) Reply
Striking colour. It's lovely to see your colourfully inspired tops always. They are just fun. Love what you did with the sleeves here too.
Annette1 said... (11/15/09 6:26 PM) Reply
GREAT review AND I love the clip of Nat King Cole and Betty Hutton. As for this blouse, it's SO pretty in such a BEAUTIFUL color on you. Absolutely a PERFECT fit, too, AS USUAL. :o)
renren said... (11/15/09 6:12 PM) Reply
Oh, I DO like it and with your links you've made this a tutorial for the rest of us. Love that happy fabric!
Barbara V said... (11/15/09 4:13 PM) Reply
So cute. All of your adjustments made the proportions right for you and belting it makes a nice look. Great work!
FreyaStark said... (11/15/09 4:12 PM) Reply
It's a really cute blouse and looks good despite your reservations. If you made it again you'd find it easier.
carolynw said... (11/15/09 4:03 PM) Reply
Very pretty - I like how this looks on you even if you aren't 100% - love that fabric too
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (11/15/09 12:48 PM) Reply
Heatherrique... This HP style is my All-Time Favorite Shirt, even better than the ones I draft myself (and I'm a ShirtMaker by profession)! I've made it in all sorts of fabrics and just love how versatile it is :) I am glad you found my tutorials about constructing this classic collar/lapel helpful. There are other HotPatterns tutorials and more helpful sewing tips/techniques on my blog site too. Stop by any time at http://Off-The-Cuff-Style.blogspot.com
davin said... (11/15/09 12:47 PM) Reply
Thanks, I just ordered this pattern. I usually just tissue fit, but because of your cautionary message, I'll do a musln -- ok, ok! I do suspect this company of seductive, sometimes misleading fashion illustrations.
Heatherrique said... (11/15/09 11:37 AM) Reply
Thanks ladies! I just added the links to Pam's tutotials. They are handy to have! I am still wondering if I have the "original" set of HP instructions. Hmmmm....
Karla Kizer said... (11/15/09 11:23 AM) Reply
Great color - makes my mouth water. The collar would have a more traditional lapel appearance when sewn using Pam's tutorial. The upper and lower collars are connected, leaving only a small notch at the collar edge, and the result curves snugly around the neck.
Re Becca said... (11/15/09 11:19 AM) Reply
I like the collar. This looks fabulous on you! I wondered about their new instructions on this top, you should check out Pam's "off the cuff" tutorial.
marec said... (11/15/09 10:50 AM) Reply
Absolutely cheerful and cute. I like the collar and do not find it big. Sweet color.

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2010-111