Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1117 (Michael Kors Dress)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 22 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

kathi s said... (1/3/10 1:54 AM) Reply
I will be attending my 50th Reunion in September and am going to try to make this dress for the party. Your review is really helpful and I plan to refer to it a lot. I will probably do a muslin first as my skills are not as accomplished as yours and I want to avoid disaster.
guillorypr said... (12/4/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Wow
mesewlot said... (11/22/09 6:00 PM) Reply
Awesome!Awesome!Awesome! This i one of the patterns on my list. I'm glad you did this review. OMG, the addition of the sweater took this dress to another level. It's such a swank look! I will definitely be making this one.
ramirezi said... (11/15/09 6:43 PM) Reply
Very well done! The fit is amazing.
elainemay said... (11/15/09 6:26 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I've been dying to make this dress, and your beautiful version is just another kick in the pants! You look fabulous in it.
MichelleE said... (11/15/09 12:21 PM) Reply
This style looks gorgeous on you. Well done!!
Erica B. said... (11/15/09 11:31 AM) Reply
Fran G., Thanks! For Spring I want a lovely floral print. I'd like for it to have some stretch. I've found that a little lycra is my friend. :) BetsyV, my fabric has stretch so no problem with sitting or walking. Plus I like pencil skirts and sheath dresses to be pegged.
BetsyV said... (11/15/09 11:11 AM) Reply
The dress looks great! I just am cutting out a mockup, having fit a muslin. I had to straighten out some of the skirt's pegging so I could sit down in it (athletic thighs). Is it comfortable on you to sit down in? You didn't mention that particular aspect in your review. Thanks and gorgeous!
Ellenatlga said... (11/15/09 9:17 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS!! The color, the fit, FAB!
Fran G said... (11/15/09 7:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress..you are so pretty! The fit is just perfect...as always! Thanks for this review. What sort of fabric will you use for your summer version? This dress will be more useful to me in warmer times. I suspect something with stretch? Any thoughts?
Annette1 said... (11/15/09 0:54 AM) Reply
I can tell just by looking at that bodice that it should be in the "advanced" category. Beautifully sewn, too, just beautiful!
Mebber said... (11/15/09 0:11 AM) Reply
Stunning.
CinLou said... (11/14/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I like yours better than the designer dress.
Linda S said... (11/14/09 7:50 PM) Reply
Nice dress!
Nancy K said... (11/14/09 7:19 PM) Reply
It's pretty fabulous on you!
lizpalmer said... (11/14/09 7:10 PM) Reply
Skillfully done, as always. You look a million dollars. I love the detail in this dress. Great job.
Karendee said... (11/14/09 7:04 PM) Reply
Lovely dress!
carolynw said... (11/14/09 6:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful as always - you do such great work
janet said... (11/14/09 5:46 PM) Reply
Your work on this dress is impeccable as always. You look like a MOVIE STAR!
Sweetiebop said... (11/14/09 4:56 PM) Reply
Average or Advanced this dress is great on you. Beautiful dress.
RLL said... (11/14/09 4:29 PM) Reply
Love the details of this dress. Nicely done.
Wino said... (11/14/09 4:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress ! The diagonal seaming in the front is gorgeous.
moushka said... (11/14/09 4:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. You always look so glamorous in everything you make. Wish I'd had your sewing skill when I was your age :) Thanks for a great review.
Erica B. said... (11/14/09 3:16 PM) Reply
DreinPA, the fabric remnant is to be turned to the inside. It just seemed too fussy and more trouble than it was worth.
Carolyn C said... (11/14/09 3:09 PM) Reply
What a classic. Good job, and you wear it beautifully.
DreinPA said... (11/14/09 2:53 PM) Reply
Are there susequent directions to step 8 that have you remove the square of fabric? Sure sounds like a typo, except the depicted pieces are shaded to match the verbiage. Nonetheless, stunning as always.
Beek said... (11/14/09 2:46 PM) Reply
Very professional looking dress. And check out the price of the "starlet" dress - $1800!!! Nice work.
Meredith P said... (11/14/09 2:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful job as usual! I've had this one on my list since it came out. Thanks for the very helpful review.
Bunsnpigs said... (11/14/09 2:31 PM) Reply
I can only hope to aspire to this level of elegance. What a lovely dress. What a beautiful job you did on it.
Athene said... (11/14/09 1:50 PM) Reply
A beautifully fitted dress that as usual you look fabulous in. Thank you for the great pictures and great review.
Athene said... (11/14/09 1:50 PM) Reply
pammieh said... (11/14/09 1:42 PM) Reply
I'd love to have a dress like this!!
birdmcfarland said... (11/14/09 1:42 PM) Reply
This is just gorgeous. You look like a movie star. Seriously.
Deborah L said... (11/14/09 1:33 PM) Reply
Very Nice. So couture looking. Very nicely done. I like yours better than Michael Kors.
MaryDB said... (11/14/09 12:31 PM) Reply
Good for your for tackling this pattern! the dress looks great and the fit is terrific, nice work.

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-128