Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4378 (scrub top and pants)

Reviewed by:kidmd

About kidmdstarstarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 4/20/09
Posted on:11/15/09 11:04 AM
Last Updated:1/7/10 9:14 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Uniforms

pammieh said... (1/16/10 12:01 PM) Reply
Great review!
Toni Vienna said... (1/7/10 11:05 AM) Reply
You were so right about lengthening the sleeves! That made a big difference! Thanks.
Elona said... (1/7/10 10:30 AM) Reply
Now, that's a lovely bound neckline! Thanks for the great tutorial.
Julia C said... (11/16/09 10:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the fabric souce. Very helpful.
valerie sews said... (11/16/09 10:14 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I don't have this scrub pattern but I have three others waiting to be tried. I also have some borrowed scrubs that I will copy and I will probably end up with a hybrid like the previous commenter. I agree that it would be nice if one of the pattern companies would take the time to draft a good one with professional construction technique and separate versions for the male and female figure.
Edsmermaid said... (11/15/09 12:39 PM) Reply
I have just finished making 15 pair of scrubs and I have used 3 different patterns. Like you, trying to find a good scrub pattern. It hasn't been easy. You are so right about the neckline. I found one I liked and was able to incorporate it into one of my other patterns and I think I finally perfected the pattern. I will post a review as soon as I get a picture. Now looking to perfect a ladies fitted scrub.
KarenJeanette said... (11/15/09 12:26 PM) Reply
Thank you for the excellent review and the fabric source. I occasionally wear scrubs and all my current ones are over 6 years old. Being very tall 5'11" and picky, buying scrubs is difficult as there is no source near me and buying online is expensive. Thanks again!
Elona said... (11/15/09 11:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for an excellent review. That clumsy neck finish offered by every Big Four scrub pattern (in my experience) is bizarre, isn't it? Even Kwik Sew offers it in a hybrid form. It's not as if scrubs were invented only recently and are only worn by just a few people. By now the pattern companies should have gotten on board with the commercial-type neck finish, which is so much neater looking.

SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern