Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1903 (Wrap Blouse)

Reviewed by:Re Becca

About Re Beccastarstarstar
Member since: 9/12/05
Posted on:11/17/09 7:15 PM
Fictionfan said... (11/30/09 8:53 PM) Reply
Another Re Becca Marfy original! Beautiful work again! When I can scrape together more money for the luxury of Marfy, this one is on my wishlist. Thanks for the fabulous, detailed review!
carolynw said... (11/19/09 9:38 AM) Reply
Love your shirt - recognised the fabric right away as I also bought some of this and made a shirt quite simialr to yours. Love mine and really love yours!!
Jali said... (11/18/09 11:36 AM) Reply
I love this on you. Fashionable yet suitable for work. Putting in those cuffs was the perfect idea.
KG2 said... (11/18/09 9:49 AM) Reply
Very flattering on you. Great fabric choice as well!
sewbehind said... (11/18/09 9:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful! A winner!
Annette Wright said... (11/18/09 8:36 AM) Reply
quite lovely. I can see it with a long velvet or satin skirt for the holidays
renren said... (11/18/09 8:35 AM) Reply
I would have been first to comment yesterday when you posted this, but SOMEONE interrupted me and I was compelled to GO DO SOMETHING ELSE! Now everyone has said everything I wanted to say: the fabric is wonderful; the nicely fitted bodice section gives a pleasing contrast with the billowy sleeves; the added cuffs tame the sleeves and recapture the fittedness of the bodice; and the unique fabric is eye-catching. The only new thing I can say is that the fabric's design is beautifully composed of what looks like photographic images of a flower (dahlia?) and whimsical pencil images of flowers, and this contrast of images (photographic/pencil drawings) mirrors the contrast of fitted and billowy. Plus the stark white and black are yet another "study in contrast." (Now, I'm about to get interrupted again to take SOMEONE to school. Imagine.)
Sue Stevens said... (11/18/09 8:22 AM) Reply
I am impressed, it is a beautiful blouse and I love the fabric.
lamstu said... (11/18/09 7:49 AM) Reply
fabulous! I adore the fabric and the pattern is perfect. Then, you did such lovely work on the sewing too. Did you spend a lot of time thinking about how to place the pieces on the print? I like the darker/smaller floral being near the neckline. Did I say fabulous?
yorkshire lass said... (11/18/09 7:34 AM) Reply
That is stunning on you. I love the contrast of the wide sleeves and fitted bodice. Your review is incredibly helpful. I really appreciate the construction order you gave and like that you added the cuffs to tame the sleeves. I think they play well with the contrast of fitted and full.
Peggy L said... (11/18/09 3:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!! I like the addition of the cuffs.
Annette1 said... (11/18/09 2:14 AM) Reply
I LOVE this! I particularly like that while it's kind of "flowy" in its look, it's ACTUALLY quite structured through the body, which shows in that BEAUTIFUL FIT. What a WINNER -- and that FABRIC! You did such a wonderful job constructing it, too. I even like looking at the inside! :o)
CynthiaSue said... (11/18/09 1:10 AM) Reply
beautiful!!!!
Barbara V said... (11/18/09 0:18 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse and fabric. It looks fabulous on you!
Time4me said... (11/17/09 10:38 PM) Reply
Very lovely blouse. Thanks for writing such a detailed review.
ALY said... (11/17/09 9:23 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse in a beautiful fabric. Marfy patterns can be a challenge, but they have some really interesting, unique styles.
Christas said... (11/17/09 8:50 PM) Reply
Terrific review! Your blouse looks so nice ...... great fabric choice!
Kay Y said... (11/17/09 7:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I think the voluminous sleeves are a nice contrast to the slim-fitting bodice.

by: arianamani...