Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5987

IL United States
Member since: 3/3/06
Posted on:11/15/09 2:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Margasweet said... (10/19/12 12:59 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and am checking the reviews on it... thanks for your informative review! And, to top it off, I have that same jade wool boucle' that I haven't cut into yet. Hadn't thought of using it for a coat, but now I'm seriously considering the idea, lined with jade/navy silk charmeuse (since many of the other reviewers suggested at least a partial lining).
angela langan said... (2/22/10 8:55 PM) Reply
YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS! LOOKS LOVELY ON YOU.
CarolynGM said... (12/3/09 8:21 AM) Reply
I really love this coat. Great job.
Em's Summer said... (12/1/09 6:56 PM) Reply
That's a beautiful coat!!!
Sheila457 said... (11/23/09 12:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful Coat.
nicegirl said... (11/17/09 10:17 AM) Reply
Looks like a very cozy coat!
digs57 said... (11/17/09 7:07 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat! That fabric has great drape for a soft garment like this. Gee, if I had just another yard or so of the stuff, I'd make a nice long sleeveless vest to go with it. With frogs.
Barbara V said... (11/16/09 8:02 PM) Reply
Really beautiful coat! The wool boucle in jade is very rich looking especially on you and lends itself to a fine looking garment.
DivaQ said... (11/16/09 6:04 PM) Reply
l just finished this coat. I haven't reviewed it yet. I like your idea about the hook and eye.
mars418 said... (11/16/09 9:13 AM) Reply
Ann, another great coat!! I think I could make this one!
Christas said... (11/16/09 0:17 AM) Reply
So pretty! This looks wonderful on you. I love the color and the texture of the fabric you chose for the pattern..... super stylish!
Athene said... (11/15/09 10:40 PM) Reply
Great coat. Thank you for the review. I bought this pattern as soon as it came out but have still not decided which of my fabrics to use to make it up. I like your idea of a hook and eye at the center front for closure.
carolynw said... (11/15/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful and so stylish
layla said... (11/15/09 9:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful Color on You ...Very Nice
DorothyK said... (11/15/09 7:50 PM) Reply
Wow. This coat looks great on you. The style and color are very flattering.
Karendee said... (11/15/09 7:43 PM) Reply
This is really a lovely coat and quite distinctive. I might have that same fabric in a rust/orange tone. I'll need to check. Anyway, enjoy your coat during this fall/winter.
Annette1 said... (11/15/09 6:18 PM) Reply
Oh, it's so nice to see this made up, Annie. I love this pattern, too, for all the reasons you stated, PLUS I liked that there is a REAL sleeve in there, if you know what I mean, a nicely shaped sleeve. You look SO PRETTY in that COLOR, and the coat is SO flattering! :o)
Lori V said... (11/15/09 6:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat.
cathy45 said... (11/15/09 5:46 PM) Reply
Lovely coat!
SondraG said... (11/15/09 5:24 PM) Reply
Very nice-looking coat! The color and texture is perfect.
annie11 said... (11/15/09 4:07 PM) Reply
Thank you! No, I didn't modify the shape of the hem. But perhaps putting the hook and eye at the center front changes the way it hangs.
peaudane said... (11/15/09 3:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat! I love that it appears a lot straighter than the original. I wasn't crazy about the tent shape of the original design. Did you modify it?

SewBaby Snap Happy Booties Pattern