Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1227 (Issey Miyake Coat (OOP))

Reviewed by:Melody

About Melodystarstar
MI United States
Member since: 2/7/02
Posted on:2/16/04 3:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Melody said... (2/17/04 8:36 AM) Reply
Thanks so much everyone, I do wear the coat if only because my other one is really over the top! Moushka, the shoulder pad idea is brilliant. I hadn't thought of that, I'll try it today, thanks for the suggestion.
Tini said... (2/17/04 3:34 AM) Reply
really a one-of-a-kind-coat. Very artisy! I really like it on you!
Ann Smith said... (2/17/04 0:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful color and beautiful drape. I made this coat some years ago and seeing yours, I want to get it out again.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (2/16/04 10:48 PM) Reply
It hangs beautifully on you! The back makes a great exit! Very flattering!
moushka said... (2/16/04 8:57 PM) Reply
Melody, great job! I love IM, too. Here's a link to a picture of the pattern (1227 is far right on the top row.)http://groehm.tripod.com/miyake/id5.html. Have you tried putting in a 1/2" or 3/4" shoulder pad? I know shoulder pads are "out" but in this case I think they would balance the shoulder line. Thanks for the review.
MaryBeth said... (2/16/04 6:42 PM) Reply
You know? I originally thought, "Oh, too big!" but as the evening has progressed I found that I was seeing this coat and have decided that I really, really like it. Ah, so it's true that it is quite memorable! and the back is simply stunning. Gee, I hope you do wear it!
Hilary said... (2/16/04 6:14 PM) Reply
I agree, its a beautiful coat and it looks very good on you! I love the color, and the style. I think you should wear it, you obviously worked hard on it! Great job ( i love coats but here in South TX a girl can't use them very often :( so sad :op
jlg said... (2/16/04 4:05 PM) Reply
Melody, I like the coat on you, and I love the fabric. For a melton, it certainly drapes nicely in the back.

Take-Along Bags