Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3345

About mesewlotstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 4/2/09
Posted on:11/21/09 8:37 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
yamounmom said... (5/17/12 5:19 PM) Reply
That is absolutely beautiful. I'm planning to make view A as well. I will be using satin as well. I'm usting satin from Casa collection from Joaan. My question is did you use light weight sew in interfacing for the bridal satin, because this is what I bought, but still feel stiff to me. So, I'm not sure what to use as interfacing. I know I can't use fusible on satin for sure. but does light weight sew in interfacing work?Thanks, Great work.
mesewlot said... (1/12/12 11:02 AM) Reply
@Sewingurchin~ Thanks for your compliment! Curvy or not, I think that would look great on you...I can't wait to see your pictures.
Sewingurchin said... (1/11/12 5:19 PM) Reply
That is beautiful, looks so simple yet very classy. Doubt it would suit my (curvy) figure but nice to view. I bought the pattern because my husband liked view C which is very conservative for me but I might give it a go if I can find the right fabric.
pammieh said... (11/22/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Great job -it's beautiful!!
Elona said... (11/21/09 11:24 PM) Reply
Cool! All fixed now. And what a pretty little jacket. It looks very dressy--sort of 1940s nighclub.
mesewlot said... (11/21/09 9:21 PM) Reply
Elona, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I wasn't aware that visitors were being prompted to sign up before seeing the pictures. Others may have been have the same problem, but didn't say. That was never my intention. So, I've reviewd the settings on that site and change them. You should be able to see the picture without being prompted to sign in. Again, thanks so much!
mesewlot said... (11/21/09 9:03 PM) Reply
Sorry Elona, I don't know what happened. It should take you straight to the picture. I'll look into it. If someone else is having this same problem, please let me know. Thanks!
EleanorSews said... (11/21/09 8:49 PM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning! Beautiful adaptation.
Elona said... (11/21/09 8:49 PM) Reply
In the small image, it appears to be a very nice bolero, but when I click to enlarge the pic, here is what comes up: "CSRA Professional Dressmakers United This is a fun and exciting place to be for Dressmakers, Seamstress, and Tailors; even those wanting to learn to sew, design, or create. Sign In"

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns