Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V1145

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/19/09 3:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Trudy J said... (12/10/09 7:45 PM) Reply
Thanks! I was looking at the pattern on the Vogue site. It actually looks great on you, but it sounds like it might be a tad too much coat for my 5'.
waltzqueen said... (11/23/09 2:40 PM) Reply
I think the contrast under side looks great and breaks up the large expanse of the "right" side. Do you think trimming back the collar several inches would make the coat more manageable?
ClaireOKC said... (11/23/09 10:10 AM) Reply
ClaireOKC said... (11/23/09 10:09 AM) Reply
I love the fabric you picked - it looks perfect. Actually I made mine up in a heavy-weight wool tweed, and thought it was a little light...I guess we all had a vision about what this coat was supposed to do, and each one was different. I ended up doing a little more finishing work on mine to be exactly what I wanted, adn that took about a week of tweaking it, wearing it, tweaking some more, wearing it again, and on, but I got it just the way I wanted it.
JDpenelope said... (11/20/09 8:38 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. It might actually be a pattern I could make. Your sizing tips are helpful.
barbcl said... (11/20/09 10:45 AM) Reply
A wow coat in a gorgeous fabric. Love it!
digs57 said... (11/20/09 6:52 AM) Reply
It's beautiful, I'm very glad you showed it to us. I'm really seeing it in a boiled wool as well - as you said, with edge treatment.
lmg said... (11/20/09 0:15 AM) Reply
I think it looks fabulous...warm and cozy. Just right for Canadian fall. And I like your version better than the envelope pic
Ann Smith said... (11/19/09 8:08 PM) Reply
DorothyK, a woven would be no problem although you might want to change the edge treatment to something other than serged all around. Fit should be fine.
loti said... (11/19/09 7:55 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern in the last vogue sale. Thank you for reviewing it, I have an irish tweed that I might use for it. Yours looks wonderful, and I don't know what the back of the fleece looks like, but I like the contrast in the pics.
beth5646 said... (11/19/09 7:50 PM) Reply
I love your coat. Thanks for the review
CarolynGM said... (11/19/09 7:37 PM) Reply
Very timely -- I'm just back from buying fleece to make this.
Em's Summer said... (11/19/09 7:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
marec said... (11/19/09 7:28 PM) Reply
I'm thrilled to see this pattern made up. It appeals to me but I cannot wear that style. Your new fleece soccer coat is beautiful and fits you well.
moushka said... (11/19/09 6:44 PM) Reply
Nice to see your version, Ann. Looks very cozy, perfect for Canadian winters although a little warm for California. It would be lovely in a lighter fabric.
kkkkaty said... (11/19/09 6:25 PM) Reply
thx for the generally positive review, I have this in my stash and like the look of the pattern
DorothyK said... (11/19/09 6:06 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic. Would it be nice in a woven wool?
Barbara V said... (11/19/09 5:40 PM) Reply
Great coat. It does appear different from the pattern view, but oh so nice. It has a very warm and cozy look and nice fit too.
RLL said... (11/19/09 3:55 PM) Reply
This looks great despite your comments about it not being the right fabric. It really looks cozy and comfy and I was thinking about all those kids soccer games just before you mentioned it.

by: yummymummy...