Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8588 (MISSES' TOP AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/22/09 8:54 PM
Last Updated:11/22/09 8:58 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
Phasionz by M said... (1/9/11 8:25 PM) Reply
Great job! As always! Guess I know what I'M making next! Thanks!
Wagtail said... (12/14/09 8:58 PM) Reply
Thank you for your very informative review. I have just read about these pants in the Australian Stitches Magazine, where the editor had made them and raved about them. But I wasn't convinced, so checked your review, and you confirmed everything that was written about them in the magazine. They certainly look fabulous on you. I will definitely make them in our next winter (I'm in Australia) as I won't be wearing them in 30 deg.C heat, with 77% humidity.
mchick said... (11/24/09 2:00 PM) Reply
Ann I LOVE these trousers on you. Actually I love everything you make, you always look amazing. We are off to Hong Kong on Thursday and I am going to buy some fabric that will make up into this lovely pattern. You have another winner there!
ssssdeb said... (11/23/09 12:36 PM) Reply
This pattern has been sitting out on my sewing table for some time now. You have inspired me to try it out! I love the way your pants look on you - very classy!
SueV said... (11/23/09 11:41 AM) Reply
interesting... I have this pattern and still on the fence re making them, I'm not sure they'd look so great on me... but love how they look on you! thanks for the review!!
hmacski said... (11/23/09 11:03 AM) Reply
Ann: I don't know how you do it. I made these and didn't review them because they look so silly on me. They look fab, FAB, FABULOUS on you. and CarolynGM: I lengthened the pattern and it was not at all difficult. I just slashed the tissue on the lengthen/shorten here line. Easy peasy. I just wish I was as stylin' in these as Ann is.
DorothyK said... (11/23/09 9:52 AM) Reply
These are wonderful pants. I love the different looks you get depending on the top you put with them. They are indeed very flattering and interesting. This pattern is high on my to-do list after seeing yours.
Barbara V said... (11/23/09 9:33 AM) Reply
These are lovely and have a very flowing look. Must be quite comfortable to wear. Great choice of fabric and color.
Sharon M said... (11/23/09 9:29 AM) Reply
The pants are absolutely fabulous! I love the how the fabric drapes. I can see why you would want to wear them all the time!
CarolynGM said... (11/23/09 5:40 AM) Reply
These pants are fabulous. Would they be difficult to lengthen?
narcissaqtpie said... (11/23/09 1:31 AM) Reply
So unique! Just got this pattern for the pants, These are going to be great for the summer.
Athene said... (11/22/09 9:05 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I love the pants. I specifically bought the pattern for the pants but have not made them yet so very helpful to see how gorgeous your pants look in the fabric you choose.

The Technique of Underlining Garments