Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2009-108 (Overblouse)

Reviewed by:ALY

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

inkstain said... (12/28/09 11:52 AM) Reply
Aly, you have inspired me to try this out for a special concert evening we'll be doing in February. An edgy, expensive crowd who will know what I'm aiming for. You've really inspired me!
verobiride said... (12/14/09 4:46 AM) Reply
WOW, you are brave :-) I saw this pattern, difficult not to, it is eye catching. But I don't think it will fit me. However, yours looks great. Thanks for visiting and commenting!
beangirl said... (11/28/09 10:10 PM) Reply
I'd already snarked a bit about this pattern on my blog pretty much the instant I saw it, but I have to say I'm impressed with your version (much more so than the one in the magazine). Your sewing skills definitely have added to it's interest. And I also applaud someone who sews interesting things just for the challenge. I still can't really get completely behind this style as a "real person" garment, but it really does look pretty spectacular on you. I hope you have a holiday party you can wear it to, you'll be fab!
Ann Smith said... (11/24/09 11:53 AM) Reply
Terrific. Please wear it! And I agree on your comments about sewing something because it interests you. Too much practicality bogs us down.
Diane E said... (11/24/09 10:36 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! laughing? headshaking? No way! I'm impressed by your quick, chic, beautiful work!
Bernadette W said... (11/24/09 10:00 AM) Reply
How fabulous! My issue came yesterday and I couldn't visualize this blouse from the technical drawing....but you have it figured out, made and reviewed!!!
Sic said... (11/24/09 8:17 AM) Reply
Wow! The top is very striking - nice work!
Dmd4106 said... (11/24/09 3:20 AM) Reply
Love, Love, Love the sleeves! Lovely top! Thanks for posting!
Patzee said... (11/24/09 1:21 AM) Reply
Amazing! Hey, I just got my issue today and you've already made this incredible top and written a review.
michalklimer said... (11/24/09 0:51 AM) Reply
This is just great! Wow!
Maree P said... (11/24/09 0:42 AM) Reply
Aly, I think your blouse is superb. It reminds me of a 1930s silhouette. Your suggestion to snicker is out of the question - sincerely, you and this blouse look great - please wear it.
Karen6790 said... (11/23/09 11:51 PM) Reply
I just got my December issue in today's mail and you're done already? It looks great - and while you're right, the sleeve style might not last forever - it's a great shape even for a different sleeve. Thanks for the notes on the sleeve construction.
Speech girl said... (11/23/09 10:32 PM) Reply
Your blouse is lovely and looks great on you. It would be a wonderful garment to wear on a festive occasion.
amy in mpls said... (11/23/09 10:29 PM) Reply
I think its awesome too! I just jot my issue today, and I think this pattern is really cute!
amy in mpls said... (11/23/09 10:29 PM) Reply
meli88a said... (11/23/09 10:24 PM) Reply
Snicker?! No way! This is awesome, and looks great on you. I didn't really care for the shape of this top in the magazine but yours looks so chic and wearable.

Ottobre Design 03-2010-4