Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2091 (DKNY dress view B)

Reviewed by:Rush

About Rush
MN USA
Member since: 10/23/03
Sewing skills:Beginner
Posted on:2/19/04 12:53 PM
AuntieShel said... (3/5/04 6:33 PM) Reply
I just read your review--thank you so much. I have this pattern and have thought about making it several times. I was going to try view C. Glad you're happy with your results--wish we could see a photo.
Lou. said... (2/20/04 1:01 PM) Reply
JennAnn sure it's just sat gathering dust. E-mail me at loufudge@optonline.com and we'll sort something out.
SouthernStitch said... (2/20/04 11:15 AM) Reply
Great that a beginner can sew up a Vogue like this and do so well-- congrats on your two sexy dresses. We look forward to pictures.
JennAnn said... (2/20/04 10:14 AM) Reply
Lou, If you still have the larger sized pattern, do you have any interest in selling it?
candyo said... (2/20/04 4:52 AM) Reply
I too made this dress and reviewed it- I agree it's a great dress! I always seem to have a good day when I wear it! The sleeve confused me too but when I figured it out I liked it.
Rush said... (2/19/04 4:19 PM) Reply
I don't have a digital camera. I'm going to try to borrow one soon & get photos posted.
JennAnn said... (2/19/04 3:58 PM) Reply
The Joann's here in Cincinnati is having 75% off Vogue right now - I think I'll give this pattern a try.
Jackie M said... (2/19/04 2:46 PM) Reply
Lou, I've seen this pattern at several Joann's -- go there and see if they have it. I've attempted to make this pattern, but the sleeve seam at the shoulder proved too bulky for my fabric and I had a large bulge right at my shoulder joint. Also, unlike Rush, I didn't like the side pleats and converted them to ruching/gathers instead. I have a tiny waist, so maybe that's why I liked the ruching better ... I will try this dress again, in the V-neck view, as the boatneck view did no wonders for my large bust -- my chest just looked expansive with all that fabric all the way up to my neck ... Thanks for the review, Rush -- it's encouraged me to dig out this pattern and give it another go ...
Lou. said... (2/19/04 2:46 PM) Reply
M&M I know, but I'm too tight to buy a new one at the price! :-)
maybbm said... (2/19/04 1:37 PM) Reply
Rush, I'd love to see your View Bs. Lou, I did not know this, but you can purchase this pattern on-line at Vogue web site: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?search=2091&TI=20001&UK=31679449&M=&pageSize=9
Lou. said... (2/19/04 1:24 PM) Reply
I love this pattern, but I was diddled on ebay and the seller sold me the large sizes when advertising the smaller ones. One day I will get the pattern!!

by: becca a