Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5987

Reviewed by:Sharon M

About Sharon Mstarstarstarstar
Member since: 8/3/02
Posted on:11/28/09 2:10 PM
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Gendun said... (3/26/12 10:43 PM) Reply
Hi, Sharon. Wonderful review! Thank you so much. I confess.. I'm greener than a cabbage at sewing, and bought this pattern (amongst others) as an easy start. Then after reading some of the reviews, I was nervous about the mitered corners. I love the idea that you found a solution, but as a noob I just can't visualize the 'diagonal' part. Do you have a pic of it, or can you suggest any images/resources to make it clearer? Thanks! :) Looks great on you, btw.
valgal said... (7/8/10 9:18 PM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern. Your coat turned out beautifully and your pictures are very helpful. I will be making this for my winter wordrobe soon enough.
Athene said... (12/22/09 12:26 PM) Reply
Very nice coat - really like how it drapes.
yorkshire lass said... (11/29/09 5:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat. You look wonderful in it.
Heatherrique said... (11/28/09 11:31 PM) Reply
Sophisticated and cosmopolitan chic! Thanks for a very helpful review!
Barbara V said... (11/28/09 10:14 PM) Reply
Lovely coat with style that suits you nicely. Great work on those mitered corners; I like your method.
twistedangel said... (11/28/09 4:23 PM) Reply
Very classy (and versatile) pick. You're right, this style is very "in" right now. Looks awesome on you!!
marec said... (11/28/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Sharon, this looks so good on you! Much better than the pattern envelope. I love the color with your orange purse. Nce work!!
Sharon M said... (11/28/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Hi Janie, Yes, I think adding a large hook and eye at the neck would give it more versatility. I do plan on adding closures as the weather here really requires a coat that closes. I'll look forward to seeing your review!
Janie Viers said... (11/28/09 2:14 PM) Reply
Do you think that adding a super large hook and eye at the neck to keep it closed would allow one to tie the scarf in different ways? It is a nice jacket, I have the pattern and appreciate the size advice - even if I can make a straight 22 without adding ease!

by: BeckiP