Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7976 (flip collar jacket)

Reviewed by:marec

About marecstarstarstarstar
AZ United States
Member since: 5/11/08
Posted on:11/30/09 0:02 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
JoyceP said... (12/14/09 10:39 AM) Reply
Wow - thank you for the detailed account of your journey. Very helpful - guess I'll do that muslin after all!
ITAdmin said... (12/12/09 7:10 AM) Reply
The jacket may have been a challenge for you, but it turned out really well. Good job!
pterion said... (12/7/09 2:49 PM) Reply
Outstanding review - I wasn't in the market for a jacket pattern but now I'm putting this one on my wish list. Your jacket looks great!
Kellie R. said... (12/7/09 9:13 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed and was surprised to read that it was a challenge for you! Your jacked turned out beautifully and I know you will enjoy wearing it during your travels! Enjoy and WELL DONE!
Heatherrique said... (12/6/09 11:39 AM) Reply
Enjoy your adorable jacket! I also enjoyed your review!
JudyP said... (12/5/09 9:09 AM) Reply
All of your hard work certainly paid off! Beautiful jacket! I've had this pattern for a long time and now I want to make it. I enjoyed your online journal!
Em's Summer said... (12/3/09 11:21 PM) Reply
WOW, Mary!!! What a beautiful jacket and what a great review!!!
grey ann said... (12/1/09 10:03 PM) Reply
A great review - thanks for sharing your thoughts. Jacket looks very nice - I think I'll try this pattern as it has been a long while since I've made a tailored jacket.
Ceidhle said... (11/30/09 6:18 PM) Reply
Marec, That is a stunning jacket and I enjoyed looking at your journal plus the detailed review was excellent.
lovenicky said... (11/30/09 1:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the very helpful review. I really like the adjustments you have made. You look great!
Fictionfan said... (11/30/09 10:04 AM) Reply
Nice! So stylish and flattering! I don't see any of those figure issues you mentioned. Great job!
Peter in NYC said... (11/30/09 8:33 AM) Reply
A lovely jacket, extremely elegant. Great review!
Annette Wright said... (11/30/09 7:32 AM) Reply
Whoa, I like the darts a lot. Terrific review! I've started collecting jacket patterns and this one will go on my list.
DaisyEsq said... (11/30/09 7:17 AM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful and I really enjoyed your journal.
yorkshire lass said... (11/30/09 7:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful work, beautiful jacket and it looks lovely on you. Well done. It obviously wasn't straightforward but you documented the steps wonderfully and this is a very helpful review as a result. I hope you enjoy wearing your jacket and am sure you will get many favourable comments on it wherever you travel.
LollyVee said... (11/30/09 7:01 AM) Reply
Mary your jacket is stunning. All your hard work paid off! Thanx for the great journal read.
lamstu said... (11/30/09 3:30 AM) Reply
I have so many compliments to give that I hope not to forget anything! Your jacket is really, really nice. The style is interesting; I've overlooked this pattern! I particularly like the interesting lining that you chose. It's so fun to have an unexpected color or print there! The journal was a good read too with the in-process pictures. Enjoy your trip!

by: CissieW