Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2559 (Women's Jacket)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:12/2/09 10:16 AM
Last Updated:1/10/10 4:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Pattycakes60 said... (3/28/10 11:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for your anecdotal notes on your journey of making this jacket. I think I'll buy the pattern and go look at linen today! I love a challenge. Wish me luck.
Michele Lommasson said... (1/11/10 2:11 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job!. Your daughter's friend is lucky to know you. Thanks for including the pictures of the fit of the two muslins. Quite an eye-opener, don't you think? You were very smart to go to the trouble of fitting the jacket before you cut into the fashion fabric.
Rhoda K said... (1/11/10 10:35 AM) Reply
A beautiful jacket! All your hard work did pay off and it looks great. I'd never heard of double tread in the bobbin so another tip learned. Thanks.
busymomof3 said... (1/11/10 0:12 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket you have made!!! All of you hard work paid off! It looks amazing on her!
mylittlemorsel said... (1/10/10 11:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! This is on my list to sew....thanks for all the detailed information!
Catbird said... (1/10/10 8:36 PM) Reply
She has every reason to be proud wearing this. She looks amazing in it! You've done a lovely job and given her an unforgettable gift.
Christas said... (1/10/10 7:42 PM) Reply
This jacket is SOOO nice! It looks absolutely perfect! I'll bet your daughter's tiny friend will wear this jacket very proudly.
Sew4Fun said... (1/10/10 7:02 PM) Reply
Great jacket and I love the entire outfit!
moushka said... (1/10/10 6:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. What a lovely thing to do for dd's friend. Now you deserve one for yourself.
Diane E said... (12/5/09 11:04 AM) Reply
Patti, this is a beautiful jacket. What a wonderful gift for your DD's friend. The fabric is lovely and will be perfect for so many outfits -- casual and dressy.
Jane S said... (12/4/09 4:38 PM) Reply
What a thoughtful mother and caring friend you are to make such a lovely jacket. I love the angled pockets, great idea. I know what you mean about info overload sometimes. I too have every jacket book possible and find it hard to commit and just do it.
Annette1 said... (12/3/09 0:47 AM) Reply
This is beautiful! There may have been some bumps along the way, but you'd never know it to see this lovely jacket. I really like your idea of the double thread, top and bottom, for topstitching. :o)
sew2little said... (12/2/09 11:14 PM) Reply
This is beautiful, Patti, and I LOVE the button placement. I know she will love such a chic and timeless jacket.
Peter in NYC said... (12/2/09 9:18 PM) Reply
Whatever challenges you may have experienced, the final result is beautiful. A lovely jacket.
beth5646 said... (12/2/09 7:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have this pattern to sew the jacket and pants for my daughter. I love your jacket. Beautiful.
RuthieSews said... (12/2/09 7:04 PM) Reply
What a lovely jacket. I hope she wears and wears it. What a fantastic job and you are a very lovely lady for making it.
marec said... (12/2/09 6:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful work Patti!! What a nice thing to do for your DD's friend.
Patti B said... (12/2/09 6:18 PM) Reply
Aixoise, I should have explained in the review that I filled one bobbin with thread and then threaded both threads on a new bobbin and wound them at the same time. I wondered if it would cause problems stitching but it worked just fine.
Barbara V said... (12/2/09 6:01 PM) Reply
I bet DD's friend will wear it often and since you now have the sizing worked out will commission, beg, bribe you to make more! Looks like a great job in every way.
Mermie said... (12/2/09 4:25 PM) Reply
I love this jacket. You did a beautiful job.
katlew03 said... (12/2/09 3:50 PM) Reply
The jacket turned out great. What a beautiful wardrobe addition for your friend's dd.
nancy2001 said... (12/2/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Your friend's jacket turned out extremely well. I know how hard you've worked on it, and it was well worth all the effort you put into it.
Leora said... (12/2/09 1:57 PM) Reply
Doll clothing for sure, size 0 -- that is so small! You are so thoughtful, and talented, to make her something so nice!
Aixoise said... (12/2/09 1:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Your "design details" give it an edge and a uniqueness. How do you double the thread in the bobbin?
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/2/09 12:29 PM) Reply
Fantastic result - all your hard work paid off because this jacket is classic!
renren said... (12/2/09 10:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful on all counts--fabric, styling, workmanship. I hope she loves it and wears it for a long time! Great review, too.

Take-Along Bags Paper Pattern