Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V8151 (Today's Fit Top)

Reviewed by:sewbluetiful

About sewbluetifulstar
Member since: 2/8/07
Posted on:12/1/09 11:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

aps place said... (7/17/11 1:29 PM) Reply
This pattern has become one of my favorite patterns. I have a fitting problem due to a health problem and if I really need a new top this pattern works great for me. I found that I have the best luck with a cotton/rayon/spandex blend knit. I have sewn both versions of this pattern several times. I even purchased a second pattern. I found that a topstitching needle seemed to be helpful. It is easy to sew and assists me with my fitting need.
sewbluetiful said... (11/19/10 6:56 PM) Reply
Sewrose, I am so sorry I didn't reply,, I haven't looked at the review in a while,, but to answer you're question,, I zigziged the neck binding first,, then straight stitched it with the twin needle, and yes you can use a twin needle to zigzag with as long as you're needle plate hole is wide enough... hth..
sewrose said... (3/25/10 4:58 PM) Reply
You've done a really nice job here. I'm making the same top, so I have a question: Did you straight stitch the neck binding with your twin needle, or use a slight zigzag? (Or maybe it's not really possible to use a zigzag with a twin needle? I don't know, I've never used one.)
sewbluetiful said... (12/3/09 3:13 PM) Reply
Thank you ladies,, all of you, for you're comments,, like the age old saying, the more you do something the better you get at it... :-)
j222b said... (12/3/09 2:49 PM) Reply
Sewbluetiful: Thanks for the reply. Your old fashioned way with twin needles etc. worked so well here.
renren said... (12/3/09 1:28 AM) Reply
I added you as a favorite reviewer so maybe you will get a star since you have patterns and good ranking/ratings and it looks like you are just missing the star because you have not been listed as a fav. I looked at your reviews and you've done some good work--you deserve a star. (I think it gets updated once a week--Mondays?, but good luck!) You also answered the questions commenters asked so in my book you are a favorite reviewer!
renren said... (12/3/09 1:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful color and it looks like you have gotten the fit down to a "T" (or a tee?). I have this pattern . . . and one day I'll be reading this review again just prior to sewing it.
Peggy L said... (12/2/09 10:53 PM) Reply
Very nice - this is one of my favorite patterns.
sewbluetiful said... (12/2/09 7:21 PM) Reply
J22B, I do have a coverstitch machine,, but this material was too thick to go through the binder that I have,, so I did it the old fashion way, sectioning off the band and sewing oh the SM using a slight zigzag stitch for stretch,, then I used a twin needle to topstitch on the shirt side of the seam,,
sewbluetiful said... (12/2/09 7:12 PM) Reply
Stretch Queen, it is something I learned from Shannon Gifford in one of her classes,, you make a muslin, stand back and look at the "what I call the ear to arm line", if the shoulder seam is straight from the ear to the top of the arm, then youre seam is good,, if anywhere on the seam it is either forward or back, then you adjust accordinly,, Holly's was about 5/8 of and in to the back of her shoulder line,, basically it was good at the neck, but off at the arm...
katlew03 said... (12/2/09 3:57 PM) Reply
Nice basic top in a pretty color.
j222b said... (12/2/09 1:15 PM) Reply
The neck ribbing looks professional. Do you have a coverstitch machine or how did you manage this?
stretch queen said... (12/2/09 6:17 AM) Reply
Great job. I am interested in learning about the should forward adjustment. How did you know you needed it. I have this pattern and on a journey to find a TNT for a tshirt. Any insights would be helpful.

No Pattern Used 0000