Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1056 (Triple Keyhole Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:12/4/09 9:55 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
AnneM said... (1/14/10 7:35 PM) Reply
You know, I wouldn't have thought this dress style would work well for our figure type, but it really does. Great job, congratulations on all your sewing.
eword10 said... (12/29/09 1:02 AM) Reply
LOVE. THIS. DRESS.
waltzqueen said... (12/8/09 8:24 PM) Reply
I love this dress! It is fabulous on you and very flattering. I think it would work on me too, even though I'm 5ft 9in. The bottom band is the perfect touch, and it looks like it keeps the hem "out" versus clinging. Sigh. Now I need ANOTHER pattern!
Kellie R. said... (12/7/09 8:49 AM) Reply
This is a fabulous dress! How satisfying to finish a project with a fabric that you've been really wanting to use. The high neckline really suits you!
Jali said... (12/5/09 11:55 PM) Reply
This dress is so very chic and so very you, nicegirl. I would never have guessed you didn't start off liking the print because you have made the best and most inspired use of the fabric in the dress. Love the horizontal bottom band and and the black belt you have used to complete the look.
DorothyK said... (12/5/09 11:57 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress that is very flattering on you. It's the perfect match of fabric to pattern. You really know how to pull it all together - the fabric, the pattern, and the way you use accessories.
imsewcrazy said... (12/5/09 10:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
CarolynGM said... (12/5/09 9:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty. You handled the stealth stripes to great advantage.
AnneM said... (12/5/09 8:50 AM) Reply
Love your design feature of the band at the bottom. :) Great dress, fun neckline.
Sic said... (12/5/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Super cute - I like it done up much better than the pattern photo! Thanks for another great review. My new motto is going to be "wtf its a knit"!
Lynz said... (12/5/09 4:41 AM) Reply
This dress looks fab on you. I bought the pattern but then decided it wasn't so nice afterall. You just changed my mind!
Kayseri said... (12/5/09 4:04 AM) Reply
I love this dress! (& I agree with you that the bottom band adds to the overall look.)
pammieh said... (12/5/09 3:02 AM) Reply
adorable!!
Sew tell me said... (12/5/09 1:54 AM) Reply
Another winner!
Karen6790 said... (12/4/09 9:56 PM) Reply
Okay, I looked at this pattern and completely passed it by - they really didn't emphasize the triple keyhole and that makes it look much more interesting. Love your fabric choice for it - and yes, I can completely understand one piece of fabric weighing on you more than a wall of stash. Brava.
Heatherrique said... (12/4/09 9:42 PM) Reply
What a looker of a dress! I vote that you and your dress be featured on the pattern envelope.
Lori V said... (12/4/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Super cute.
Marie_P. said... (12/4/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Your dress looks so much better than the pattern envelope. How did you find blue tights that match so well?
Shellia said... (12/4/09 5:59 PM) Reply
The dress is lovely and you look great in it.
FreyaStark said... (12/4/09 5:16 PM) Reply
It's chic and distinctive. Well done.
whirrclunk said... (12/4/09 4:29 PM) Reply
Your dress looks so much better than the line drawing! Much nicer drape and fit. I would never have guessed that the hem band was anything but intended! The stealth stripes work very well.
SewRusty said... (12/4/09 4:07 PM) Reply
I love this dress! If you get tired of it, you could send it my way.... ;-)
Elemenopeo said... (12/4/09 2:47 PM) Reply
really like this one
Ripple Dandelion said... (12/4/09 12:40 PM) Reply
Totally loving this on you. You are right that it makes you look both curvy and thin! Cute, quirky and flattering--perfect.
Cowtown Karen said... (12/4/09 11:41 AM) Reply
Love your dress!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (12/4/09 11:38 AM) Reply
Very nice, love the triple keyhole surprise. I want to make this too !
sewbehind said... (12/4/09 11:19 AM) Reply
I like this dress a lot. I like the triple keyhole. Interesting!
Dmd4106 said... (12/4/09 10:45 AM) Reply
Cute dress!
Gelbean said... (12/4/09 10:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! I agree that the band at the hem really adds to this dress. Thanks for the review!
Mufffet said... (12/4/09 10:34 AM) Reply
This is terrifically cute, and it enhances the bust line very well!
mrsbewley said... (12/4/09 10:19 AM) Reply
Very cute!
Carolyndh said... (12/4/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Wow, Nice Girl, I love how this dress turned out for you! I have the pattern and will definitely make it now that I see the possibilities from your rendition. Love it.

by: Sheila457