Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1046 (BoHo-De-Luxe hippy chick dress)

Reviewed by:twinkle72

About twinkle72star
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 4/20/09
Posted on:12/4/09 2:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Nancy Rhodes said... (12/6/09 11:19 AM) Reply
Lovely marriage of fabric to pattern design! I too would enjoy a picture of the dress being worn... Like you said, on to the next project...
Batik said... (12/5/09 4:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful material and it looks lovely on the hanger, too bad it was a bear to follow the lack of instructions.
twinkle72 said... (12/5/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Thank you for all your sympathy! If we get a sunny day here, and my husband is home from work before dark (unlikely here in England in December) I'll get a picture of myself in the dress. To be fair, I do think it looks better on me than on the hanger. I like Hotpatterns, and I am sure that I will buy from them again. But I thought it was only fair to give everyone my honest opinion of this dress. I think I will stick with their newer patterns which do seem to have a few pictures.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (12/5/09 6:03 AM) Reply
I have been of two minds about Hot Patterns - to begin with I didn't like them, but I am coming around as I think they are well-drafted and they do always recommend a muslin (not a favorite step but it can help the outcome). You really need to search for the markers on the pattern sheet as they are usually very hard to see - like the pattern has been photocopied too many times. However once you find them they really make the difference. I would love to have seen the dress on you as it looks like you had put a lot of work into it. Thanks for the review!
davin said... (12/4/09 7:41 PM) Reply
I, too, am questioning the quality of this company. I['ve just had to give up tracing one of their patterns because of an apparent mistake in it. Boy, am I ever seduced by their fashion drawings.
li'l miss muffett said... (12/4/09 6:13 PM) Reply
Well poo, that is frustrating especially since your fabric is so pretty. Does the dress not look good on you? It looks okay on the hanger. I know there is a big difference between a person and a hanger... ;-D
Evil Olive said... (12/4/09 5:41 PM) Reply
Hm...It doesn't LOOK bad. And the fabric is lovely. Even though I'm fairly experienced, I still like clear instructions, it saves a lot of time (and hair)...
FreyaStark said... (12/4/09 4:58 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you were disappointed in the pattern. You haven't said whether you can actually wear the garment. Is it so bad you can't wear it? I'd love to see a picture of you in it.
marec said... (12/4/09 3:35 PM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work out for you-that is always frustrating. But, thanks for the heads-up on this pattern.
M.S. said... (12/4/09 2:22 PM) Reply
I agree. HotPatterns are for ppl who don't need to read directions.....at least the 2 items I've tried. Fortunately, I am one who doesn't read directions. I always appreciate pictures, though.

Understanding Knit Fabrics