Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> 401 (Women's Bicycle racing Jersey)

Reviewed by:treefrog

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

theresa in tucson said... (1/22/11 1:34 AM) Reply
I just finished my second jersey from this pattern. The first one was done straight from the pkg with additional ease added at the hip. I cut the largest size. In RTW I wear a med. Neck was too tight; shoulders too wide; armhole too high; and the sleeve cap too low. I completely redid the sleeve/armhole pattern pieces by morphing the sleeve and armhole from the KWIK Sew rugby shirt onto this pattern, narrowed the shoulders and shortened the pockets. With those mods this is now a TNT pattern. Need to add a bit of fusible tricot interfacing under the zip for stability. Otherwise, as noted by others, decent instructions.
treefrog said... (5/22/10 6:27 PM) Reply
Sharon Sews - Sorry I just noticed your comment. My apologies. Yes, I've them worn it heaps of time as I'm a regular cyclist. They have been very comfortable. The design is very good but take care with your fabric choice to have a fabric that wicks.
SharonSews said... (12/10/09 10:44 AM) Reply
Treefrog, have you worn it for bike riding? If so, is it comfortable? I am a biker who has a hard time finding nice jerseys that fit & would like to make my own.
lynne1nor said... (12/8/09 11:35 AM) Reply
Very nice! Love the color combo!
feldmanTcat said... (12/8/09 7:33 AM) Reply
I find that even tight jerseys go askew if you have anything in a side pocket - triple pockets is the only way to go. Great review, very helpful. I think I need to try this one.
jilly cooper said... (12/7/09 8:24 PM) Reply
looks great and I like your modifications.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS