Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1409 (Madison Avenue Dress)

Reviewed by:Jackie M

About Jackie Mstarstarstar
MN
Member since: 2/21/03
Posted on:2/24/04 9:40 PM
Last Updated:2/24/04 9:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 21 people

Jackie M said... (3/17/04 10:31 PM) Reply
, I got this pattern from thesewingplace.com. Patternshowcase.com also sells it; I'm sure you could find more by Googling the name of the pattern ...
chocobar said... (3/16/04 10:33 PM) Reply
Where do you all find these Textile Studio patterns? Any online shops? I LOVE this pattern, and your dress is lovely on you.
Danvillegirl said... (2/29/04 7:19 AM) Reply
This is a great looking dress on you. Your review was very helpful. I've added this pattern to my wish list, but I am not slim and trim as you or the models and not sure the dress would come out the same. Hope you enjoyed your dinner and I am sure you got lots of compliments on your dress.
sewingdemon said... (2/29/04 5:04 AM) Reply
This looks stunning on you! Thanks for including a picture:)
Tini said... (2/26/04 3:35 AM) Reply
soo pretty!!
Sherril Miller said... (2/25/04 10:24 PM) Reply
I like your "sleeve" treatment better. I can't wait to see your spring and summer versions as this one is a knock-out. Of course, that cute figure of yours really helps! (Cute shoes too.)
cindyann said... (2/25/04 5:30 PM) Reply
That is sooo pretty. You look wonderful.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/25/04 3:47 PM) Reply
I think I need this pattern! Your version of this dress is very flattering! Definitely a gold star dress!
Sammie said... (2/25/04 2:56 PM) Reply
Absolutely Fabulous! You look like a million dollars in this dress.
JDpenelope said... (2/25/04 1:07 PM) Reply
3 Yellow stars from me! Love your basic "eggplant" dress. Have had my eye on this pattern, too, and will refer to this review for your helpful tips when/if I get it!
AuntieShel said... (2/25/04 12:25 PM) Reply
Jackie, What a beautiful dress--you look stunning in it. I've been sold on it by the other reviews, and your dress makes me want to start right away! Thank you.
Aunt Cathy said... (2/25/04 12:25 PM) Reply
Jackie, your dress is very, very pretty on you. You did a fabulous job. Very nice work.
LindaB said... (2/25/04 8:18 AM) Reply
You look Fabulous ! I hope you enjoyed your special dinner, as you gave us a wonderful review. Thank you.
Doris Stewart said... (2/25/04 8:05 AM) Reply
I, too, like your dress better than the pattern photo. I just may have to add it to my wish list. Thanks for the great review :-)
jlg said... (2/25/04 7:27 AM) Reply
Very becoming on you. One of my favorite things about this pattern is how flattering the skirt falls. Like Mary Beth, I think that it is very ladylike.
Deepika said... (2/25/04 7:06 AM) Reply
Jackie your dress is gorgeous! Thanks for reviewing it. The algorithm for stars depends on 3 things - a) How many of your reviews have been rated helpful and very helpful, b) How many people have you in their favorites list and c) The number of reviews you've written. I am pretty sure you'll get a star soon :)
kathi s said... (2/25/04 6:45 AM) Reply
Very classy looking dress! The perfect "little black dress" to have in your wardrobe! Looks great on you.
MaryBeth said... (2/25/04 1:51 AM) Reply
Jackie, I like this dress on you better than the pattern photo. I had no, zip, ziltch interest in it until I saw your photo. So ladylike and pretty. I think the idea to just bind the neck sounds good, too. I'll give you a positive rating so that it will tally up to "stardom" for you, how's that?
sailonsilvergirl said... (2/24/04 10:43 PM) Reply
Looks great!!! I should check into this pattern ...
Ann Smith said... (2/24/04 10:32 PM) Reply
It looks terrific. I think it's time for me to get this pattern out of the holding zone.
Mollykat said... (2/24/04 10:14 PM) Reply
You look great in the dress! Really like your technical comments.
Jackie M said... (2/24/04 9:49 PM) Reply
With every review I add, I keep hoping I'll get one of those yellow stars by my name. I know there's some secret algorithm that Deepika's developed for the star ratings, based on total reviews by other members and similar ratios, but I'm beginning to think I'll never earn a star. Sigh. I guess that means I'll have to keep sewing and buying fabric ... ;)

Burda 8157

by: FreyaStark

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)