Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1409 (Madison Avenue Dress)

Reviewed by:Jackie M

About Jackie Mstarstarstar
MN
Member since: 2/21/03
Posted on:2/24/04 9:40 PM
Last Updated:2/24/04 9:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Jackie M said... (3/17/04 10:31 PM) Reply
, I got this pattern from thesewingplace.com. Patternshowcase.com also sells it; I'm sure you could find more by Googling the name of the pattern ...
chocobar said... (3/16/04 10:33 PM) Reply
Where do you all find these Textile Studio patterns? Any online shops? I LOVE this pattern, and your dress is lovely on you.
Danvillegirl said... (2/29/04 7:19 AM) Reply
This is a great looking dress on you. Your review was very helpful. I've added this pattern to my wish list, but I am not slim and trim as you or the models and not sure the dress would come out the same. Hope you enjoyed your dinner and I am sure you got lots of compliments on your dress.
sewingdemon said... (2/29/04 5:04 AM) Reply
This looks stunning on you! Thanks for including a picture:)
Tini said... (2/26/04 3:35 AM) Reply
soo pretty!!
Sherril Miller said... (2/25/04 10:24 PM) Reply
I like your "sleeve" treatment better. I can't wait to see your spring and summer versions as this one is a knock-out. Of course, that cute figure of yours really helps! (Cute shoes too.)
cindyann said... (2/25/04 5:30 PM) Reply
That is sooo pretty. You look wonderful.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/25/04 3:47 PM) Reply
I think I need this pattern! Your version of this dress is very flattering! Definitely a gold star dress!
Sammie said... (2/25/04 2:56 PM) Reply
Absolutely Fabulous! You look like a million dollars in this dress.
JDpenelope said... (2/25/04 1:07 PM) Reply
3 Yellow stars from me! Love your basic "eggplant" dress. Have had my eye on this pattern, too, and will refer to this review for your helpful tips when/if I get it!
AuntieShel said... (2/25/04 12:25 PM) Reply
Jackie, What a beautiful dress--you look stunning in it. I've been sold on it by the other reviews, and your dress makes me want to start right away! Thank you.
Aunt Cathy said... (2/25/04 12:25 PM) Reply
Jackie, your dress is very, very pretty on you. You did a fabulous job. Very nice work.
LindaB said... (2/25/04 8:18 AM) Reply
You look Fabulous ! I hope you enjoyed your special dinner, as you gave us a wonderful review. Thank you.
Doris Stewart said... (2/25/04 8:05 AM) Reply
I, too, like your dress better than the pattern photo. I just may have to add it to my wish list. Thanks for the great review :-)
jlg said... (2/25/04 7:27 AM) Reply
Very becoming on you. One of my favorite things about this pattern is how flattering the skirt falls. Like Mary Beth, I think that it is very ladylike.
Deepika said... (2/25/04 7:06 AM) Reply
Jackie your dress is gorgeous! Thanks for reviewing it. The algorithm for stars depends on 3 things - a) How many of your reviews have been rated helpful and very helpful, b) How many people have you in their favorites list and c) The number of reviews you've written. I am pretty sure you'll get a star soon :)
kathi s said... (2/25/04 6:45 AM) Reply
Very classy looking dress! The perfect "little black dress" to have in your wardrobe! Looks great on you.
MaryBeth said... (2/25/04 1:51 AM) Reply
Jackie, I like this dress on you better than the pattern photo. I had no, zip, ziltch interest in it until I saw your photo. So ladylike and pretty. I think the idea to just bind the neck sounds good, too. I'll give you a positive rating so that it will tally up to "stardom" for you, how's that?
sailonsilvergirl said... (2/24/04 10:43 PM) Reply
Looks great!!! I should check into this pattern ...
Ann Smith said... (2/24/04 10:32 PM) Reply
It looks terrific. I think it's time for me to get this pattern out of the holding zone.
Mollykat said... (2/24/04 10:14 PM) Reply
You look great in the dress! Really like your technical comments.
Jackie M said... (2/24/04 9:49 PM) Reply
With every review I add, I keep hoping I'll get one of those yellow stars by my name. I know there's some secret algorithm that Deepika's developed for the star ratings, based on total reviews by other members and similar ratios, but I'm beginning to think I'll never earn a star. Sigh. I guess that means I'll have to keep sewing and buying fabric ... ;)

by: Jemajyng