Pattern Reviews> You Sew Girl> BO831 (Carry All)

Reviewed by:Ripple Dandelion

About Ripple Dandelionstar
NC USA
Member since: 9/23/06
Posted on:12/8/09 5:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
AmandaW said... (12/18/09 3:17 PM) Reply
It's is a good feeling when something that you have been putting off for ages turns out so great. I love your version of this bag in leather.
j222b said... (12/11/09 4:20 PM) Reply
Nice, I like the review, your metallic leather, your buckle idea and the lining. I think the bag would look a bit smaller, too.
Ripple Dandelion said... (12/9/09 4:27 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much! voet, thanks for the tip about Kathryn Brenne. I looked up her DVD and I'm thinking of ordering it. digs57, it took two and a half of the skins (remember how they were 2 for $20 or something?). I had bought six, I believe. Three had already been used on other projects. I had a small amount of goofs. Without those I probably could have gotten it out of two. The skins I had were quite usable, without a lot of blemishes in the central areas.
digs57 said... (12/9/09 12:36 PM) Reply
I love this coppery leather, not surprising since I have two pieces of the same stuff waiting for my attention. I'm curious, how many pieces did you need to make this utterly gorgeous bag? Bravo on the very practical pockets inside.
Mufffet said... (12/9/09 10:40 AM) Reply
WOW..I can't believe you made this - it is really nice. :) Good job.
voet said... (12/9/09 9:18 AM) Reply
This is a great review. You did a wonderful job. The details (buckle and lining) really go well with the metalic leather. My guess is that you would pay several hundred dollars for this bag in a store. One suggestion if you ever decide to sew leather again, Kathryn Brenne has an excellent DVD that give tips for sewing with leather. I usually look at it before each leather project I tackle.
FreyaStark said... (12/9/09 5:08 AM) Reply
It certainly is a big bag, but it should be useful. The colour is wonderful, and will no doubt go with lots of things. Well done.
Leora said... (12/9/09 2:29 AM) Reply
Perfect size bag for you. Yes, I like the metallic leather! Beautiful.
marec said... (12/8/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Really beautiful with its elephant lining and metallic leather. I love it.
jannw said... (12/8/09 8:08 PM) Reply
I'm really sorry now that I didn't get some of that leather..beautiful bag..very now in the sizing
HLT said... (12/8/09 7:29 PM) Reply
This is really great! The leather looks so rich and well sewed. I think that you went beyond the patterns expectaions! The great thing about a metallic bag is that it basically goes with everything. Glad your Juki made it through!

Pin-up Girls 1230

by: InnerMuse

Take-Along Bags

Take-Along Bags

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)