Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2009-129 (Crossover knit dress)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:12/9/09 9:32 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Frogstitcher said... (4/30/10 2:07 PM) Reply
Nice review and so inspirational! I've recently been looking for a knit dress to make and came upon this review (how did I miss it until now). I think this will be the one for me - I love your dress. I can only hope mine will turn out as nice as your's.
crazygrad said... (1/25/10 10:35 PM) Reply
OMG! I SO want to make this dress NOW!
babbling brook said... (12/15/09 10:10 PM) Reply
LOVE this pattern and your fabulous dress! Thanks for all the great construction hints. I was just wondering if the v-necked bodice extends up to the shoulder seams and if it's separate from the drape pieces there?
yummymummy38 said... (12/15/09 6:16 AM) Reply
this pattern is a find! It caught my eye but your version has convinced me to have a go... thanks for the pic of the underbodice, can see how it goes together. I like the shorter sleeves on this dress on you.
valerie sews said... (12/11/09 1:13 AM) Reply
gorgeous! How did I miss this! I'm going to track down this issue!
barbcl said... (12/10/09 12:15 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress. It looks so well on you, and the fabric, which is in all the colors I adore, is perfect.
Ellenatlga said... (12/10/09 8:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I gotta make me one!
Rebecca D said... (12/10/09 7:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this and bringing it to my attention. It is very flattering on you and I love the fabric.
Auntchelle said... (12/10/09 1:14 AM) Reply
Great dress! The great thing is that different fabric will give differnt looks. I've had this one flagged since I got my issue, but 'cos I need it in Plus size I've not made it. (Why can't Burda do one like this in + instead of the ongoing versions of princess lines?!) Your versions has me thinking that I could, maybe, have a go at upsizing it. Well done once again.
Mary Nanna said... (12/9/09 11:46 PM) Reply
very cute indeed! like the others I'm beginning to think this might be a possibility too! The only thing I can think that instruction means is that they want you to sew a strip of fabric over the gathers to stablise them, before you sew it to the top.
Carol Mendoza said... (12/9/09 9:17 PM) Reply
I'll have to pull this pattern out and give it a try. Great job!
reethi said... (12/9/09 7:51 PM) Reply
This looks great! Must revisit this pattern.
dingyadi said... (12/9/09 7:23 PM) Reply
That is a terrific dress- I'm definitely going to look at that pattern
FreyaStark said... (12/9/09 4:21 PM) Reply
A snazzy dress - and thanks for putting me on to Ditto Fabrics via your blog.
nellc said... (12/9/09 1:29 PM) Reply
Your dress looks really lovely, I will have to revisit this issue of BWOF!
MissCelie said... (12/9/09 12:03 PM) Reply
"Fabric Tetris" is great. LOL.
hildes said... (12/9/09 10:36 AM) Reply
Really really great dress, thanks for 'discovering' this pattern! I had glanced over it and thought the gathering would be too much around my midriff, but I definitely want to make it now.
Audrey B. said... (12/9/09 10:29 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! It looks great on you. I really love the fabric. Too bad I'm in the U.S. and can't order from Totally Fabrics.